[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on smoking pot

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1500745414634.jpg (140KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1500745414634.jpg
140KB, 900x900px
I need some advice about smoking pot... It's the third time because the first two didn't quite work and happened years ago. I just want to chill because some important things are going to happen in my life, and maybe think better about them while high and make better decisions. It's just this time and because i have the chance to go with my cousin tomorrow.

What i want to know is, what are some good things to do to keep control and how to cope with anxiety? After some research i've read an article on reddit that perfectly describes me:

>Your mind is uptight. It needs to be in control, and be at attention at all times. These people usually are the ones that ask when its going to end, or are scared that they will get stuck that way forever. You'll feel your heart and start thinking its out of place for it to be beating so fast which could trigger it. You could zone out for a minute, come back, and that could trigger it.

I think my mind isn't strong enough because i can't relax even when subconsciously knowing i'm just high and won't go crazy or something like that.
>>
Marijuana is fucking awful for people with anxiety issues. It just made my anxiety worse and worse. It's obviously not for you
>>
I have anxiety, and I'm not crazy about weed. If I smoke a little, and I mean a little (like only taking a single small hit) then it's fine and I feel relaxed, but any more than that and I start getting too sucked into my own head. That's when I start feeling a little crazy, not to where I freak out, just to where it's not 100% fun and positive for me anymore.
>>
If you're unsure how it will affect you just start with an extremely small dose before bedtime and see how you take that, if all goes well then the next day try a little more and so on.

The thing that helped me cope with my anxieties about weed is the understanding of what it's doing to me so therefore I won't try to fight it then cause myself more problems.

The way I see it is that when you get high you get pulled into the "moment" the "now" so hard that you can't even try to remember what you had just said. There is no past and no future when you are high only the now. Knowing that you then have to know that the only way to enjoy the high is to enjoy the now. If you try to think about what you just said or what you just did you won't have a good time.

Like everything in life practice makes perfect, start with something small and try to get the hang of it like I said.
>>
>>18553336
I forgot who said it but they summed it up pretty well.
You must trust yourself and know beyond a reasonable doubt that no one has ever died from smoking weed and the worst possible scenario is that you fall asleep. The second you start trying to fight falling asleep/ thinking about anything else other than what's going on in front of you, that's when your anxiety is going to go right through the roof.
It's extremely easy to get distracted when high, if you feel any anxieties coming on stick some headphones in and listen to some music or watch some meme videos or browse Instagram or some s***
>>
>>18553358
Not the OP but I'm right there with you, getting too high is not even in the slightest bit pleasurable.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.