[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Becoming a cop

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: 20170625_184049.png (2MB, 1440x1024px) Image search: [Google]
20170625_184049.png
2MB, 1440x1024px
I'm heading to uni (freshman) with a criminal justice major for my bachelor's, I need the bachelor's to become a detective at my township, however there are a lot of people against the police at my uni, any advice?
>>
>>18552888

>any advice?

If you were in the US I'd say being a cop automatically makes you a piece of shit. If you're in the UK, I dunno. I don't really know anything about the social impact of policing in Europe. If its what you want to do then go for it.
>>
>>18552888
Criminal justice is the most useless degree, period. Trust me, I got one.
>>
>>18552888

Criminal justice probably isn't worth it. For a while I was looking into law enforcement and many LEOs told me just get any degree.

Also, regardless what people say, being a police officer is a very respectable job. People who bash cops are close minded fucks
>>
I have no clue about criminal justice. But of course a lot of people at a uni are worthless pieces of shit, drinking, partying and taking drugs. Or liberal art students who cant enforce their new agendas because police is keeping em from demonstration and what ever. So if there are reasons, than 18-23 y.o. Kids without any life experience and whatsoever aint supposed that reason.

I hope that is was you ment with "ppl against police"
>>
>>18552895
fuck you dude, keep flipping burgers and "fighting the system."
>>
File: 1471484741789.gif (481KB, 499x315px) Image search: [Google]
1471484741789.gif
481KB, 499x315px
>>18553322

How does that boot taste?
>>
>>18553330
better than the painkillers and black cum you probably gargle.
>>
I know that a criminal justice major is a joke however my township specifically requests I major in it to be preferred for the position, they'd prefer someone with a criminal justice major vs an engineering major. Also many former police officers I know strongly advise I major in it to prep me for the LEE (Law Enforcement Exam)
>>
File: 1489541129164.gif (817KB, 200x233px) Image search: [Google]
1489541129164.gif
817KB, 200x233px
>>18553347

>better than the painkillers and black cum you probably gargle.

I don't even know what thats supposed to mean
>>
File: weeeeeeeeeed.gif (183KB, 299x400px) Image search: [Google]
weeeeeeeeeed.gif
183KB, 299x400px
>>18553541
oh ok you're just an edgy teenager with no life experience then, carry on.
>>
>>18553548

You didn't start the conversation by asking me to explain my position or engage in any kind of productive dialogue, you immediately resorted to childish insult flinging.

I could go into detail on the reasons I believe American policing and justice system is a resounding failure but you don't want to do that, you just want to shitpost 3rd grade insults and make cum jokes, which, I guess somehow makes me the edgy teenager.
>>
>>18552888
CJ maj here. Now a Sgt at a major city. Graduated in 2015 from college.

There will always be those critical of the police. When I was in univ I found other CJ majors who were interested in law enforcement too. We have our disagreements on cases and procedure but it was all for the best. Ya know who to hang out with. When I was in college and they asked me my major I was honest with them. Depends on the circumstance too, and if the benefit would be to say my minor (pol sci) then I did it. Do what your heart wants cuz when ur an officer a couple of ur friends wont fuck with ya anymore.
>>
>>18553557
I don't care about your position or what you believe because you're too stupid to see how dumb your original post is. Would you bother conversing with someone who opens with "If you were in the USA I'd say being black automatically makes you a piece of shit. If you're in the UK, I dunno."
>>
>>18553580

>Would you bother conversing with someone who opens with "If you were in the USA I'd say being black automatically makes you a piece of shit. If you're in the UK, I dunno."

Being black is not a voluntary position nor does it require that you adhere to strict set of rules and procedures, while being a police officer is and does. Your comparison makes no sense.

>I don't care about your position or what you believe because you're too stupid to see how dumb your original post is.

So basically, you don't care what tangible, objective proof I have to validate my hypothesis that the American policing system is inherently damaging to the public because I'm too stupid to see how dumb my hypothesis is? Wonderful logic there. You must of been the captain of your high school debate team.
>>
>>18553588
I could have replaced black with any career like janitor, chef, programmer, cia analyst, college professor. I used black because I was hoping it would open your eyes to how ridiculous you sound but you're too dense.
>>
>>18553595

>I used black because I was hoping it would open your eyes to how ridiculous you sound but you're too dense.

Yet you are too dense to understand that being black is not voluntary and career choice is, rendering your comparison completely asinine and inapplicable to my original point. You used "black" because your brain is made of old sponges.
>>
File: 1500842939722.png (225KB, 496x356px) Image search: [Google]
1500842939722.png
225KB, 496x356px
Criminal Justice degrees are worthless. You don't need one to be a cop, and when you retire in your 40's you're going to want options that a CJ degree just won't give you.
>>
>>18552888
I go to fucking Portland State University where there are regular rallys to disarm the police and CJ is still one of the most popular majors. I don't think there's much conflict between them. Just don't engage those people. Most people who protest the police aren't really against there being cops, they just want a change in the way they are trained to handle crisis situations. Of course, there's crazies in any movement. Just because you're at a university doesn't mean you're forced to adopt the views of the most extreme leftists. It does mean you have to occassionally listen to them though, and expanding your viewpoints is supposed to be a part of the college experience (even if those people have been disregarding it).
>>
>>18553619

>Just don't engage those people

I'm from the Portland area and I think this kind of mindset is the reason both groups of people are so frustrated; when your only solution to the problem is just to not engage with anyone who you view as "extreme". Everyone is super comfortable attacking extreme leftists but along the way they forget to give any credence to the actual legitimate issues that their foundation of extremism is based on. They criticize the people, not the cause, and I think that is really damaging the country.
>>
Maybe not settle with a criminal justice degree, but, hey, as long as you're content with being a canary for FD and/or EMS.

Considering, you could always use a spot in the police department as a way to get yourself to a civil service position that's more appreciated, considerably easier, and, hell, even more responsible-- check out the fire service, if you're interested. I know a couple other guys that became cops, hated it, and then went through fire academy, and had a helluva better time.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.