[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to stop feeling so much younger than I am?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 3vguwomkmasy.jpg (97KB, 634x724px) Image search: [Google]
3vguwomkmasy.jpg
97KB, 634x724px
I'm 18 and about to go to University yet I feel way younger than anyone I know. I can't help seeing myself as I was when I first started secondary (high) school.

It messes with my confidence, and I want to be confident going in to uni.

I've not got a dad as such, is this the cause? I would like to feel my age.
>>
>I've not got a dad as such, is this the cause?
no, you're just stupid. not having a dad is a ridiculous excuse for feeling young and I strongly suspect feeling young is your excuse for failing to meet whatever goals you've set for yourself. You're shitty and should not feel confident going to school or anyplace else.
>>
>>18552849
lmfao, thanks. I presume you want some reaction out of me but I'm not going to bite.

I appreciate you taking the time to reply however.
>>
Start accepting responsibilities into your life. The more things you need to manage or take care of (and are able to handle), the more agency you'll feel you have over your life

Once you feel like you have actual control over how your life plays out, you will feel like an adult
>>
>>18552840
The most significant way of which people feel like adults is through independence and responsibility. As I've grown up and gained personal responsibilities I began to feel older. There was a time in my life, which I'm just starting to get past where I denied myself responsibility and lived the same age every day. Maybe it is personal, or maybe it's a fairly common thing, but I believe that independence is the key senpai.

Somewhat unrelated, but now that I think of it, it's somewhat ironic that older generations don't understand the process of maturing into an adult. They just figure, "hey wtf is wrong with this kid, he's 16, aren't you an adult by now?"
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.