[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wenschler memory scale impossible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_0418.jpg (53KB, 736x1041px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0418.jpg
53KB, 736x1041px
I have an iq of 120 but I can't remember anything I'm about to take this imposible test the wenschler memory scale and I can't remember anything when I read things the test goes over I'm shocked at how vividly and easily people remember things that are impossible for me it's mind boggling... how easy is it for you guys to remember these tests?
>>
File: IMG_0417.gif (6KB, 514x181px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0417.gif
6KB, 514x181px
>>
>>18552571

I did some tests years ago, and the results were that I had a bad visual memory.
How well do you visualize things?
I'm terrible at it but what helps is moving the cognitive load away from visual memory, e.g. don't try to match the pictures in your mind's eye to the pictures on the page, but rather make verbal story that you sub vocalize.

So for the first image you are looking for "The Star comes before the Sun." And "Four Squares on a Ski slope"

If the idea of a mind's eye doesn't make much sense to you then you may have aphantasia.
>>
>>18552639
>>18552639
>"The Star comes before the Sun." And "Four Squares on a Ski slope"

The advantage is that matching the phrase "four squares on a slope" to the image will find both the sequence that starts at the end of line 1 and runs onto line 2 as well as the duplicate sequence on line 4, when a purely visual method might miss the first instance of the sequence... BUT the disadvantage is that the visual method is much much faster for people who don't have memory impairments.

ALSO if you use coping mechanisms like building stories out of the images then you may score well enough to hid any impairment you might have which won't actually do you any favors in the long run. As you will continue to struggle with memory problems while your paper work says you are "normal".
>>
File: IMG_0420.png (202KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0420.png
202KB, 1334x750px
I have brain damage but am still able to visualize things very well as you can see but I can't remember anything anymore I guess I'm just have to adapt I'll look into verbal memory methods
>>
>>18552666
hmmm

I made a use of my Spacial and Mechanical Reasoning to solve a lot of puzzles, I didn't actually do any visualizing.
If that makes sense.
I only realized this recently, what I call visualizing isn't actually visual, not compared to other people.
I know this because some rare times I do visualize things, and it's very distinctly more visual.
>>
Next I'm getting an fmri to check for loss of brain volume and neuron density
>>
Then possibly a spinal tap lumbar puncture I'm dreading that one
>>
File: MR_TMR.jpg (26KB, 373x291px) Image search: [Google]
MR_TMR.jpg
26KB, 373x291px
>>18552710
Like this image you're "meant" to solve by mentally rotating the images in your mind's eye until they match or fail to match.
Which makes very little sense to me.
That's not how I solve them at all.
I just see that in Fig 2 the first two are "right handed" and the second two are "left handed" and I'm done. No mental rotation occurs.
Same with Figure 1, one object spirals one way, the other spirals the other way. It's a spatial relations problem, not visual, like putting to lego pieces together while your not looking at them, or the key in the lock in the dark.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.