[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get over being depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: depression1600x1200.jpg (47KB, 1024x776px) Image search: [Google]
depression1600x1200.jpg
47KB, 1024x776px
I've realized something recently, that everything I've done has been in order to please others. I would watch films, played video games and listen to music not entirely for my own self-interest, but in order to flaunt my own taste to other people. Realizing this, I just can't enjoy doing anything any more, because I no longer feel like I'm doing it for fun. I'm trying to make myself seem "cultured" in order to make myself seem presentable to other people. And the thing is, I don't really have other people in my life, no close friends, just acquaintances. And even then, I don't want to rely on my interractions with other people to make me happy, I want to be able to make myself happy.

I work a job at a pizza place and it's alright, but I get nervous working cash sometimes, especially when it's late at night and the questionable people start coming in. I'm scared of how people might act verbally towards me even if I do try my best. I want to be able to find a place to work at where the only people I ever have to interact with are my coworkers but I don't know of such a job.

I'm attending school for Engineering but my only motivation for it is that I'll eventually make money. I'm more interested in the arts but even then I know how much of a meme art school is.

How do I get over my depression?
>>
>>18552474
If you didn't like watching films, playing video games, and listening to music you wouldn't be doing them. I'm saying if you hated it and if you were really only doing it to please others it isn't something you would be inclined to do for long periods of time
>>
> just quit
>>
Start going to the gym.

I'm not saying to "get big" or any of that "do you even lift" shit. But just go to the gym and work out. Honestly, it drastically improved my mental health once I started going to the gym. I feel healthier, which in turn helps my mental thoughts. I feel much more comfortable in my own skin than I used to
>>
>>18552474
>I'm trying to make myself seem "cultured" in order to make myself seem presentable to other people.
You're acting out of sense of false ego, not out of your real sense of self. Abandon the idea of trying to impress other people for egotistical reasons.

>I don't want to rely on my interractions with other people to make me happy, I want to be able to make myself happy.
Finding happiness within in the goal of human life. You should not only not rely on other people for happiness, but also not rely on the material world at all for happiness and instead seek spiritual happiness through reliance on God, the Supreme.

"One whose happiness is within, who is active within, who rejoices within and is illumined within, is actually the perfect mystic. He is liberated in the Supreme, and ultimately he attains the Supreme."
(Bhagavad Gita 5.24)

>How do I get over my depression?
As for your depression, depression is the byproduct of the material mode of ignorance, or Tamas.

"O son of Bharata, the mode of ignorance causes the delusion of all living entities. The result of this mode is madness, indolence and sleep, which bind the conditioned soul."
(BG 14.8)

One can overcome the modes of material nature by the chanting of the Hare Krishna mahamantra. After chanting just a few rounds of the mantra you will notice a positive shift in your consciousness. In doing so you practice bhakti-yoga, the highest system of yoga, and gradually elevates your consciousness to the spiritual platform and escapes the darkness of the material world. Always chant and keep God in mind, and you will be quickly elevated.

"Always think of Me and become My devotee. Worship Me and offer your homage unto Me. Thus you will come to Me without fail. I promise you this because you are My very dear friend."
(BG 18.65)
>>
>>18552937
I can't believe someone's shilling Hinduism in /adv/ rn.
>>
>>18552955
It's not a subject of whether its Hinduism, Islam, this religion or that religion. The subject alone is cultivating love of God, as that alone will elevate oneself. Without doing so, one is prone to fall down into the material world again and suffer as a result.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.