[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is campus life really as good as everyone says it is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: machi.jpg (5KB, 181x236px) Image search: [Google]
machi.jpg
5KB, 181x236px
So I'm starting uni this year and I didn't get housing in campus because i submitted too late. I can probably still get a room like 3 months after the start. But does it really matter? Is campus life really a "once in a lifetime" thing?
>>
Its different, I'll say that
>commuter drives to class
>class
>drives home
meanwhile
>anon wakes up
>walks to class in sweatpants
>hits up dining hall beforehand
>gets to class
>class
>goes to gym
>goes to library
>goes home for shenanigans

i would go for on campus if you can. For many, its the first time without parents. Some were very sheltered. One of my housemates didnt know how to use the ATM card his parents gave him. Other had never done laundry. Other didnt know how to cook more than grilled chicken.
>>
Commuting saves boatloads of money, but unless you live right next door to a campus, don't do it. It's literally not worth missing out on all of the nightlife shenanigans that goes on when you're grouped with only people of your age
>>
>>18552424
I've done both
The one campus I had housing in, the housing was in the same building as the school, all incorporated into an old high-rise they bought. Great place to be, the very communal flavor to it meant that everyone was very friendly as nice to be around, and usually there would be late-night events or study sessions. Very fun, but also very out of the norm.

I currently commute. It's a bus ride there and back, only a half hour max, but feels like forever. Its not as comfy and fun as living on campus, but saves a lot of money. Usually have to stay on campus all day anyway, so kinda the same shit.

I'd say if you have the means to get to class easily and within a half hour or so, don't buy in to the campus life meme. Anywhere further than 30 minutes out isn't worth it.
>>
>tfw want to move to campus but can't afford it
A-at least I can save up money and buy my own apartment in five years
>>
No it's absolute hell that can only be mitigated by substance abuse
after living there the only reasons I can come up with kids liking it is they can do drugs and sleep around
>>
two of my roommates were horrible and one was my best friend for a few years. if he hadn't transferred we'd probably still be friends now.
>>
>>18552424
I dormed and it really was amazing. Do it. You have nothing to lose besides the fuckton of money it costs, but yes this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. You have to put yourself out there but you'll find a community if you do. It actually changed my life for the better. I don't know who I would be now if I didn't leave home.
>>
>>18552496
don't get your own place if you have to save up anon, get a roommate and use the $600 you'll be saving on rent for fun stuff or just saving it for important stuff.
>>
>tfw commuted for 4+ hours every day for class last year
>don't want to do that again next year but res/apartments are expensive and roommates are scary
>>
>>18553428
>4 hours every day
Woah that must've been annoying anon
>>
>>18552858
>>18552848
>>18552486
>>18552469

>listen to all this BS
>get dorm
>wind up sitting in room doing nothing all day and have 0 life anyway
>starting junior year in 5 weeks, only contact in my phone is my mother
>probably less than 10 people know me by name not including professors, and only because they were forced to know it during orientation 2 years ago
>>
>>18554090
>also no one outside my family has even vocalized my name since ~december 2015
>>
File: IMG_7548.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7548.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>18552424
Oh god, please don't fall for this meme.

My best friend is a delivery driver in my college town and here are the general observations.

>Frat chads and sorority stacies everywhere, being very loud and drunk all the time
>College kids don't take good care of dorm/campus apartments. After all, they're moving out when they're done, so why do they give a shit about how nice it looks for the next guy?
>Like point 1, you will never get to quietly sleep, take a shit, take a shower, etc. because the nearest party is too close.
>You won't find anyone with real personalities or interests.

Go get an apartment within 5-15 mins of campus. Maybe find some cool roommates. You'll have a much better time.
>>
>>18554276
this is all bullshit unless you are going to college in niggerville detroit or something
>>
>>18554090
Thing is you're not going to have everything come to you. You have to be open. Leave your door open when playing music or a video game. Go join the activities RAs are forced to make for theirs floors. Do clubs.

If youre tucked away from even sunlight itself, you're not getting much out of it
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.