[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hearing noises at night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Hey /adv/, My name is UrbanMan but you can call me Urban. I live in well... an urban area. I need some help. I've been hearing noises at night for the past couple days. It's 1:10 here. I still live with my parents, as I'm only 18, but they are not home. I have 2 sisters but they are both in college one in Arizona and the other in Washington. So it can't be any of them.My parents went to Atlanta to visit family and I don't have any pets. I'm all alone. It's been footsteps and what I think is talking. I asked my dad a week ago if he or mom had heard any of it and they said no. I don't live in a very safe area so I have my Grandpa's .38 under my pillow. I'm too much of a bitch to go commando on whoever or whatever is in the house. So i usually just turn on the big house fan and my room fan to block out the noises. Any advice will help, I just wanna get rid of whatever is bothering me. Thank you ahead of time.
>>
Set some traps or something that notify you if someone is in your house
>>
>>18550864
^ what he said
>>
>>18550864
This man is right OP. It's time to go home alone on these bitches
>>
>>18550856
First find out if this is in your head or for real .. a piece of tape on all doors that gives entry to the house. Flour on floors (will show footprints and is easy to clean up). Any stairwells ? Fishing line across half way up. Keep a flashlight ready together with the gun ..
>>
Just keep all the light opened in the house. Normally thieves wouldn't enter in a house when the lights are on. For added security maybe get a spy cam that can record videos with movement detection. If it manages to get someone on tape, send it to the police asap.
>>
>>18550856

it's easy to hear fake noises. When i was working late sometimes in my old office i would hear mouseclicks in the distance when the office was 100% definitely empty with nobody in it or in any adjoining rooms, and if i stopped and listened for a bit i would still hear the mouseclicks, but it must have just been the building contracting overnight.

footsteps and talking are also easily created by buildings/wind. you spooked yourself.

leave lots of lights on, and if you're still suspicious get one of those doorbells that records motion and sends the 5s clip to your phone app whenever people arrive
>>
>>18550856
You can call the police and ask them to do a walk through of the house to make sure you're safe.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.