[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Insomnia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1491498564475.png (662KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1491498564475.png
662KB, 540x540px
I'm at the point where sleeping is pretty much impossible without sleep aids at 21.
Currently I need:
>15 mg melatonin
>50 mg doxylamine succinate
>2 shots of whiskey
To get to sleep ib less than 4 hours
What should I do? How do I adapt to a 9-5 life? Does it ever get better?
>inb4 meme til you dream
>>
What do you do during the day?
>>
>>18550507
Find what makes sleeping hard for you. I can't sleep in hot environments as it triggers my ptsd, and I love around a lot in warm settings. So what I did is I made my.room super cold so my body is forced to sit tight under blankets.

I also go for walks to help clear my mind so I don't think about everything as i lie down
>>
>>18550507
Exercise and lose the whisky. Start a cool down period before you go to sleep and read something incredible boring like a refrigerator manual. Not on your phone.
>>
>>18550507
Stop taking melatonin, it decreases your sensitivity to the melatonin your body naturally creates and makes falling asleep without it almost impossible. If I were you I'd ween off of that.

Also, alcohol might get you to sleep faster, but it will interfer with your normal sleep rythems and hurt the quality of your sleep.

Your insomina might be stress based. Mine was. If it is you need to resolve the source of stress in your life.
>>
>>18550524
PTSD aside, people in general do sleep better in cool rooms. This is good advice.
>>
>>18550519
Student stuff, ie study, class, socializing, internet, and some exercise
>>
>>18550531
Exercise really doesn't help, have tried cool down, but no success, techical docs just keep me up
>>
>>18550541
Not stress based, have had a hard time sleeping since the day I was born
>didn't sleep through the night until 3
>>
>>18550507
Whatever you must do to get sleep, don't do the whiskey route. I have done the sleeping aid alcohol thing for months now on most nights, and it's a short path to full-on alcoholism where you feel like shit entire day and only time of the day you feel good is when you drink the couple shots of hard liquor and pass out to sleep.

As someone who's been struggling with anxiety and insomnia for years, my best advice is always to pull an all-nighter doing random shit on the internet when you feel awake, and go to work next day and try to survive it, then go home and collapse to bed right away. This will clear your sleep schedule just nice, and you'll be tired next day around the same time.
>>
>>18550560
Have tried, 11 am is the hardest part of day, but after 8pm I just can't sleep until 7-8 in the morning
>>
>>18550555
I take it you've been to a doctor about this, right?
>>
>>18550571
Yes, they just said to take something over the counter and deal with it from there
>>
>>18550578
You should tell them you're interested in doing a sleep study. If they can properly diagnose your sleep disorder they can prescribe you medication that might help more than your current self-medication.
>>
>>18550591
Looked into that, but my shitty insurance doesn't cover that and I can't afford it out of pocket
>poor student
>>
>>18550597
God bless the USA.
>>
>>18550612
I know, rip me
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.