[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Preparing myself to be independent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1955.jpg (118KB, 355x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1955.jpg
118KB, 355x600px
To start this post off
I used to be depressed, however after taking the usual anti-depressant it seems to have gone away. The reason for my depression is for the usual reasons you know loneliness and all that other stuff. I no longer feel depressed, but for some reason I think of suicide sometimes; I feel as if i'm also extremely socially inadequate compared to my siblings.
It's literally just one more year until I can leave my family, and that's all I want to do; leave the people who are suppose to support me and help me through tough times..Instead they bully me and bring up stuff that happened YEARS AGO because my parents failed to teach me literally anything. I don't remember my father ever showing me how to do anything, shooting guns/fixing cars and God forbid I don't even remember him or my mother teaching me how to properly use the restroom; I had to figure that on my own... I also should add that I "used" to have autism, the doctors now think I may have outgrown it; AFTER YEARS of people berating me for it..I can't believe it can be gone in just a few weeks if I do another test.
/adv/ I have one year until I'm legally allowed to leave my house, I've always thought about joining the military to escape from my family. I'm in America btw and I'm currently looking into the French Foreign Legion, I know it'll be tough but I'm already pretty fit the only thing I need to change is my diet.
I guess what I'm asking for is advice on how to just get through this one last year until I leave my family for good; btw I want to be independent unlike some of my siblings who have literally stated they want to mooch off my parents until they die.
So what things should I do to prepare myself before I leave, should I spend a week in the woods by myself or even hike the Appalachian trail all by myself to test how I can do on my own? Also you can probably tell Grammar is not my strong suit, I'm sorry about that.
>>
Everything you need is on youtube.

Learn how to manage your personal finances. Your older self will appreciate it.

Doing your own taxes.

Managing a credit card or bank account.

Dealing with customs or border crossings.

How to vote.

How to have and manage health insurance.

Interpersonal skills needed to maintain a job.

Don't be afraid to get turned down. Whether it's by someone you think is cute, a potential employer, a stranger...anyone! Hearing the word NO will not ruin your life. Shrug it off and move on. Don't be afraid to say no either, it's important to know your own limits.
>>
>>18550218
Thank you
I will push myself as hard as a can this final year, luckily my school teaches us how to properly do taxes; nonetheless I will learn all the things you have stated
>>
File: 1475890536362.png (440KB, 715x529px) Image search: [Google]
1475890536362.png
440KB, 715x529px
>>18550247

Np buddy let me add a couple more things.

Cooking.

I started cooking for myself when I was 18 and have done so whenever able for the last 9 years. I don't even let my girlfriend cook if possible. Not even just to be self sustaining, but it's also very impressive when someone your age can knock out a full scale seafood boil or lasagna with sauce made from scratch. Overtime, everything you make will taste better than store bought. Start slow (looking up some easy recipes online) and don't get discouraged. Also, have fun with it. You're going to burn shit, your first dishes may taste terrible, and it can be expensive at first (because you will need spices and different utensils you don't have now), but stick with it. I am by no means a chef, but I can cook on my own, make my own sauces and spices, and make some pretty delicious food.

Impulse control

When you're 18, you have a job. Probably your liscense. Depending on who you are, drugs could be around you. I'm not saying not to try new stuff or do spontaneous things. In just saying think about it. Whenyou start to think about spending $300 on a bearded axe because "It looks hella sick." Just think it over. Take a step back and really think about that impulse. I am 18. Took me the better part of a year to actually learn to control my impulses. And yes, I did almost buy a bearded battle axe.

Basic car maintenance:

Check the fluid levels. Check the belts. Change the oil. Change a flat tire. Replace wiper
blades. Refill the Washer fluid.

Good look.
>>
>>18550218
dat reddit spacing doe
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.