[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking the drinking habit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: rYADjyX.jpg (27KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
rYADjyX.jpg
27KB, 500x346px
I fell into a pattern of drinking a 6-pack almost every night for many years, mostly to kill/feed my anxiety, and at times, depression. I noticed myself starting to drink more than that sometimes. Some nights, very occasionally, I'd go nuts and kill 12+ beers. I got concerned and stopped entirely one week ago today.

My Questions:
1) When I quit, I didn't have any physical withdrawal symptoms, despite nightly drinking for over 6 years. That surprised me a bit. How much do you have to drink to actually get physically addicted??

2) I hung out at a bar last night with my friends and DD'd them all back home. It felt good, but I felt a little awkward sitting at the bar drinking water all night. Any advice on making bars more interesting as a sober person?

3) Any advice on continuing my sobriety? Tips on preventing myself from starting again?

4) I noticed I really fucking craved carbs all week because my body was so used to its nightly carb fix, so I've been eating shit like cherry pie and pastries and croissants... probably better for me than alcohol. I'm assuming the carb cravings go away?

5) I'd be cool with never taking another drink in my life, but part of me wants to just be able to go out and have two beers with my friends. Is that a possibility, or is it a bad idea to even try?

thanks
>>
1)A lot, for a long ass time so.
2)Can't help ya there, I never drive and I never stay completely sober
3)Since you managed to stay at a bar and don't drink it seems boredom and staying at home are your biggest problems. Make yourself busy.
4)If you keep eating sugary carbs, not really, sugar works like that.
5)It is possible, but it's best to quit drinking for a while entirely.
>>
>>18549684
>3)
good advice, thanks dude, I think you're right. sometimes I'd blow people off just so I could go home and be alone and drink and play video games and shit. so, yeah, I should avoid being home alone all the time I guess, even though I love being home alone.
>>
I'm proud of you OP. You've got this
>>
>>18549660
I am an alchie

6 pack of beer isn't much.
It's mostly just calories. Drinking that much beer would just make you fat.

I don't know about bars. Either I drink or I don't go. I can't say how to mix it.

How to be sober: Don't be bored. Fill your time with things to do. I only really want to drink when I'm bored, which in my life is every night.

Your body doesn't crave macros like that. What you feel is psychosomatic. You want to feel good so you eat sugar.

I don't know about that last part. Whenever I have a few beers I want to drink a lot to continue the high.
I've done it in the past, but I don't know if I can in my current state
>>
>>18549738
>You want to feel good so you eat sugar.

That makes sense... so I have to drop that shit, too.
>>
>>18549660
>I hung out at a bar last night with my friends and DD'd them all back home. It felt good, but I felt a little awkward sitting at the bar drinking water all night. Any advice on making bars more interesting as a sober person?
Fuck around with drunk people

Just be silly and do all the shit you would be doing if you were tipsy
>>
>>18549738
can I ask you how much you drink?
>>
>>18549845
I drink about 400 mls of 40% every other night
It's not as much as others.
I try to restrict myself.
But I know it's a sin
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.