[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Since everyone on here seems to be a legal expert, or at the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: VoxLogoSheet.png (296KB, 1346x702px) Image search: [Google]
VoxLogoSheet.png
296KB, 1346x702px
Since everyone on here seems to be a legal expert, or at the very least I feel like everyone here is pretty smart when it comes to these things, I have a moral and quasi-legal question to ask.

I made a post last night about starting a YouTube channel. I've decided to change the name. The name doesn't exist for what I am trying to do, but it does exist as a name for a company in Canada unrelated to what I'm doing, and they're a very small art gallery with two subscribers on youtube, and no other social media presence, except for instagram.

So, as a great example! there is an amplifier company called Vox, and there is also a news company called Vox. As well as a hotel company, vodka company, and media company.

So if I have a similar youtube name as another company, that isn't going to be a huge deal, right? especially if they don't really come up quickly in searches.
>>
Youtube takes down far more petty copyright strikes.
Unless you actually go through the legal process to copyright this name yourself, you will always lose legal battled to this other company.

As for things like Vox, there are exceptions to copyright or sometimes they make agreements with one another. I do know that if your name is something common, most courts will not hold your copyright very sacred. For example as you saw with the fine bros trying to copyright the word "react". Didn't blow over well because that's a common fucking everyday word.

The LOGO though? That's another story. That's a specific piece of artwork, and what distinguishes these companies.

In the end though, if you're not profiting or not profiting much at all, chances are the other company will not be assed to sue you or put a strike on you. But if they choose to, you'll be fucked.
>>
>>18549569
>>18549591
Oh and forgot to mention, the legal system in their origin country may not give a single fuck about other countries copyrights and refuse to acknowledge them. Therefore there can exist an Fench company called "Pepe's Dank Memes" and also an Indian company called "Pepe's Dank Memes". Frenchie's meme co can bitch and whine to India's all they want, but India just doesn't give a fuck that France "had it first" or whatever. And yet they both export their dank meme supply to the US.
As one shitty example.
Youtube is rather international though, and again, will copyright strike shit even if it's legal. As often seen with parody groups, even though they're safe from copyright under the parody clause, youtube's system is "if you want it down all you have to do is ask and if they have an issue with it then you 2 can just duke it out in court, leaving us out of it" And most parody groups cannot be bothered to spend billions of dollars suing some company even though they're legally in the clear.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.