[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Breaking up with someone you live with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: eaZrosc.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
eaZrosc.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
Hi /adv/,

I've been living with this girl for a year now, I love her to death but I'm so bored with her, we do the same shit all the time and we have nothing in common, barely share the same opinions on anything important in life, we end up doing shit because one of us likes it and the other doesn't want to disappoint them. I have to say, she is gorgeous, but that's about it. I don't know what I should do. I enjoy very rough sex but haven't had that with her because she's not into that (although she likes it mildly rough). I'm pretty sure she knows this too, the only things we like about each other are very superficial. I think the fact that I'm her first and she's never been with anyone else has played a huge part in this. Even after 4 years together, we're still in the honeymoon stage (although it is slowly wearing off) and I think that's the only thing keeping us together.

I'm quite introverted and enjoy gaming, fantasy, science fiction etc. and she's very extroverted, enjoys travelling and doing new things all the time and it goes without saying that I don't. If anyone is/has been in the same situation as I am, please, I'll take any advice I can get. And if there isn't anything, how the hell do you leave someone you're living with? You'd have to find another place, pack, sort out who gets what, I don't know if she could handle that kind of emotional pain. If there isn't any way to fix this I might end up staying with her forever (or until she leaves me) so she doesn't get emotionally devastated. I guess I'm clinging onto some hope of an easy way out. Please. Help.
>>
>I feel like this relationship isn't going anywhere
>I'm just not sexually satisfied anymore
>It might be time for you to find another place to live
>You have until next month to move out or things will get legal
>>
>>18549273
And then live with her for another month? I don't think I can do that
>>
>It might be time for you to find another place to live
>You have until next month to move out or things will get legal
If she's on the lease, and I'm guessing she is based on how long they've been together, he has no right to kick her out.
>>
>>18549292
We're renting, both names on the contract
>>
>>18549300
Which means you can't kick her out unilaterally. And there also may be a penalty if you end the lease early
>>
>>18549286
then a week, or suggest another place for her to stay until she get get her stuff
>>
>>18549273
>>18549292
>>18549308
I feel like everyone's focusing on the wrong stuff, perhaps I didn't convey my issue very well - I care about this girl a lot, I don't want to leave her in a place that will remind her of me every day.

Is there anyone here who's been in a similar situation?
>>
I would have broken up with my gf two years ago if we didn't live together. Our relationship got a lot better at the end of last year. Things go up and down. They especially go up if you communicate and look out for yourself.

I don't know if my life would have been better or worse now if we had gone separate ways though. I like stability like you, so I guess I rather deal with some issues once in a while than shaking things up. Perfect relationships do not exist.
>>
>>18549326
This guy's not wrong. Communication is a very important piece of any successful relationship. It sounds like you need to talk to her about this stuff.

>>18549322
But based on this, your problem is that you are caring too much. It's important to make sacrifices for someone you love, but you should never have to sacrifice yourself. Be honest with her and don't put all of your focus on her needs, you're only neglecting the one who really matters which is you. Explain what you posted above to her and if she cares about you the way you care about her, she'll be willing to work things out, but if she's not, then you know it's time to move on.
>>
>>18549326
>>18549346
Thank you both for your advice. I guess I will try to discuss some of these things with her, maybe even all of them over time, despite the fact that she doesn't handle these talks very well. But who knows, maybe she'll surprise me.
>>
>>18549366
>>18549326 here

My girl wanted to travel all the time, and it was very stressful for me. I ended up telling her that I hate travelling and I wouldn't travel with her if it could be avoided. She didn't take it well at all.

It took some time to drill it in to her head that it wasn't down to me not wanting to do things with her. But that it was something she wanted, which is so costly for me that it was only something I could do sparingly for her, if it was really important for her. And only because I really cared for her. As it wasn't a thing for both of us, but her interest, together we found things we both care for (and can manage without getting strained). It is important to realise that you are two separate persons, and it is impossible to be totally compatible in everything. So it is vital to figure out what causes you to drain each other, and do those things separately. And then build up something common between you that both enjoy.

I don't know if my experience is applicable for you, but there you go nonetheless.
>>
>>18549439
It's not exactly applicable, but the conclusions you've drawn from your experience help.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.