[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to survive a long-term relationship break-up?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 4179.jpg (101KB, 500x682px) Image search: [Google]
4179.jpg
101KB, 500x682px
Hi I really need help. I posted this somewhere here a few weeks ago.. has anyone experienced something similar? I've been in a relationship where I found the most comfort (I cant found that peace at home because of abusive mother). We have 80% compatible taste in musics, books, foods, arts, and almost everything.

He broke up with me after 6 years long, and 1 month after engagement. Because "he found someone who can make him more comfortable". He was my best friend and I was his (we were both introvert and have a very tight personal space). A few weeks after the break up, he already has a new gal, which is my own childhood friend. She was his highschool crush, and she's finally single on January.

Three guys and two relationships later, why I keep comparing the guys I dated with that bastard? The guy I am dating right now is the sweetest, caring, very wealthy, a family man, and taught me so much about healthy relationship. But, he's not smart.. I miss having a long and satisfying discussion about everything. Maybe 5 days a week, I am satisfied and very happy with my current relationship. But there are days where I miss the feeling of being engaged in a conversation and get answers for my random questions. During those days, I usually dried my eyes and unintentionally think about my ex. Does this mean that we are not "right" for each other? Or am I being a bitch?

I envy my ex's current relationship (that being displayed all over social media). It seems like he's enjoying life and not getting any of the karma myth everyone's been telling me about.

Do you guys have any tips for me to survive? Please? I've been doing too much work, too much exercise, and signed myself to do activities beyond my boring daily life. It's been 7 months and still feel like shit. Does anyone ever forget, and really heals? Or you're just going to settle with everything you can get? I really, really want to be happy.

And how to make my ex's life miserable? Will he ever be?
>>
>>18548854
>I envy my ex's current relationship (that being displayed all over social media).
Delete him off your social media then

For someone calling someone else not smart, you sure are fuckin' stupid for continuing to subject yourself to it
>>
>>18549472
This is it, absolutely. You have to commit to it. This kind of thing is like a wound. You have to let it alone. If you keep touching it it's never going to heal. Delete every presence of him from your life.

Now, it's probably got some "scar tissue" at this point (negative cognitive patterns that are hard to break), so it might take a while. Consider that the image he presents of himself on social media is likely not reality. Do you know the specifics of his inner life? If not, you're probably just projecting.

If nothing else, there's always therapy. It seems to genuinely help some people, though it's never done a thing for me personally.
>>
>>18549472
I am sorry for things I said, but thank you for replying.

>>18549520
Thank you for your words and your time. I didnt really 'delete' his presence in the first place because I'm still on a good term with his parents and sibling.. we talk and hang-out regularly. But if leaving them also necessary, ok then.. I need to try..

>His inner life
I don't think I really know much about him anymore today.

>you're probably just projecting
I hope so.. this cheered me up a bit. I hope you're going to have a nice day anon/a good night sleep
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.