[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leadership Skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault (69).jpg (134KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (69).jpg
134KB, 1280x720px
I want to be a leader and have good leadership skills, but my friend says that ultimately I fit the description of a second in command and in honesty that's how I feel like I am. Maybe because I'm too relaxed, flexible and undemanding.

I've been working on these and I've been becoming more assertive, but is it really possible to change who I am by improving my habits or am I doomed to be a second in command forever? I want to be the top, but I naturally act otherwise. For example, I ask "Can I have a turn?" instead of saying "My turn."

Is it really possible to change or am I going to be who I am forever?
>>
>>18548773

There are many leadership styles. You can learn being second in command
>>
>>18548773

Well, first off, stop listening to your friends' bullshit unless it's coming from a genuine place. (ie. anon, we think your behavior is harmful because of X.) A good leader doesn't let someone undermine his own confidence on a regular basis.

Being relaxed and flexible IS a leadership trait. Remember, the key to leadership is having people want to work for you, not afraid of you. When you can be the head of a happy and productive team that sees their work being recognized and used, you're achieving a lot.

Don't let your desire to be on top be the reason you aren't. People can see through the facade.
>>
>>18548773

wanting to be a leader for the sake of being a leader is like wanting to be a youtuber.

unless you have some actual plan, some actual brand, some actual reason, its just vapid stupidity and no ones going to take you seriously. wanting to just 'be a leader' in nothing in particular is akin to going up to strangers and saying 'IM THE BOSS LISTEN TO ME'. its childish.

if you want to be a leader in something you do, do something. thats all it takes. just do something and dont compromise on having that final say.

make a movie, start a charity, do SOMETHING. you have to have something to be in charge of, otherwise you arent asking how to be a leader you're just asking how to be bossy.
>>
>>18548773

Being a Leader comes with rising up to a situation. It's a selfless role and in order to lead you must believe in yourself and your team.

"being a leader" as in being an assertive asshole with no regards for his team is not being a leader, it's a being a controlling freak
>>
>>18548836
>>18548839
This is very good advice, it's relieving to hear because that's how I've been acting all my life (only rising up to leadership when I need to rather than always trying to lead). The whole time I thought I was doing it wrong, but it looks like I've been on the right path. Thanks.
>>
>>18548916

yes and no. its not that you rise up when needed but you rise up when the opportunity presents its self. thinking of your self as the 'leader' of say, your group of friends just becomes childish and pretentious.

you dont need to wait for the right moment to rise up, because thats essentially just when no one else volunteers. you can rise up anytime a leader is needed at all. not just when everyone else says no.

but yeah what you say in your OP sounds like you are looking to be more assertive which is its own thing. if you want to be more assertive its as simple as asserting your self, making rules, and executing the consequences if people break them.
>>
>>18548773
>leadership skills
>obama pic
don't follow obama
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.