[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life seems boring, don't know how to proceed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: At-Peace-with-Self.png (536KB, 635x435px) Image search: [Google]
At-Peace-with-Self.png
536KB, 635x435px
Over the past year, I basically got mentored by a friend on how to live life. She was quite like the average poster on 4chan, but maybe a bit more depressed and lazy. Anyways, she basically taught me to only depend on myself, and that the only person who could make me happy is myself. Eventually, she disappears from my life and unlike previous friendships, I didn't feel sad. I learned what I needed from her, and felt at peace.

Now that I'm no longer being mentored by her, I've begun to socialize with others a tiny bit more, especially with a friend I met a few years ago. This person was a girl I met at a summer program, and we went on a few dates, but never anything serious. We remained friends, but during the time I was being mentored I was very distant.

I'm now at a point where I don't know if I should try and create a strong bond with this girl or stay distant. If I try to make a strong bond (or even date, cuz we both realize that's an option), I may become dependent on another person for happiness. If I stay distant, I might miss out on what could have been.

I've been at peace with myself for these past few months, and I don't know if it's worth the risk to trust other people. On the same hand, it's been a long time since I've seen people romantically and had close bonds with people.

Any advice is good, all ears here.
>>
I think as you, brother; let me give you advice as i have lived the same as you. First, remember Epictetus, who said "If you love your woman, [say to you that you] love her, and if she is gone, do not disturb yourself". Now, think in this words, while you love her, love her good, but keep in mind, always, that such as you dont cry the end of the day, you will not cry her gone; if you keep this in mind, may I say, you will not become dependant.
>>
>>18548368
Don't do anything because of fear or go into a relationship with an outcome in mind. If you like a girl try to spend time with her and just focus on having fun. If you mutually enjoy each other's company, a bond will grow naturally. If you try to force something it probably won't happen. Keep talking to people and working on stirring emotions within them. If you can make people laugh and feel at ease they will want to have fun with you. If they have fun with you they'll want to keep having fun with you. Also I kinda laughed at you being mentored in life by a lazy depressive but whatever works.
>>
>>18548368
You need to figure out if that girl is worth of your trust. If you're sure she is then go for it. If not, then stay distant.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.