[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My s/o's depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: taakeband.jpg (69KB, 428x558px) Image search: [Google]
taakeband.jpg
69KB, 428x558px
My girlfriend has been very stressed with her studies and work lately, and I can tell she's different. She gets irritated by the littlest of things, and she even yells and screams like a maniac every once in a while for the stupidest reasons (she says they are stupid reasons herself once she snaps out of that state), going as far as to threaten me with physical violence. The point is I have tried very hard to help, and have tried different approaches.

When I ignore it, it still bothers me a lot on the inside, and no matter how much time passes, it always comes to a point when I can't keep acting like everything is fine. I'm staying at her parents place for some time this summer, and precisely yesterday we argued while she was driving and she almost drove off road from how insanely angry she got. When I confront her upfront about it it's even worse though, as she gets mad for me bringing it up and tells me to just shut up and ignore it, or just straight up cries without saying anything.

I try to let her see that I'll do whatever she wants me to do to help the situation, but she insists that it's not about me, and that she herself doesn't know what's wrong with her.

Is she depressed, /adv/? What can I do at this point? I'll answer all questions you may have asap. I already insisted that she should seek professional help, but she tells me to give her a chance to work things out on her own over the summer, and, to be fair, she has given me such a chance when I myself wasn't feeling that well in the past.

All posts appreciated. Thanks in /adv/ance.
>>
>>18548098
She knows exactly what is wrong with herself. She just wants to wallow in the feeling for a while. I say this as someone in a similar situation. Only difference is I don't live with her.
>>
Start making nothing but toast, teach her to expect toast for every meal that she doesn't make. Then after and only after crushing each ounce of hope and expectations, make her a unbelievable meal.
>>
I was with a girl like this for 3 years man, worst waste of time of my life. Partners are like children. If you let them know tantrums are okay, they'll keep doing it.

Don't be like me. Let her know it's not okay for anyone, man, woman or child, to take anger out on someone else. If she can't mature, leave her.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.