[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can I put on a resume when I don't have any work history?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1484801884522.png (48KB, 646x624px) Image search: [Google]
1484801884522.png
48KB, 646x624px
What can I put on a resume when I don't have any work history? I've been very unsuccessful applying for jobs relevant to my degree so what can I put on a resume that'll help me get random unskilled part time work like retail?
>>
>>18547390
Lie about being an eagle scout.
>>
>have a degree
>but no work experience
It's like you wanted to waste your money.

It's one thing if you're 18, straight out of high school and have no work experience, but there's really no excuse by the time you graduate university.
>>
>>18547390
Retail is a first job kind of deal they shouldn't be expecting much
>>
check out the book What Color is Your Parachute? for advice.

make a functional resume instead of a chronological one, you can sex it up a bit with skills (ie. they'll have to be of the self-taught variety since you've no work experience)
good luck.
>>
>>18547410
I'm final year now and have been applying for part-time work relevant to my degree since I was at the end of my first year but I do get what you're saying and acknowledge that I should've tried to find any part time work a lot earlier

>>18547415
Thanks anon, I'll take a look at it now
>>
>>18547390
You don't have to have been paid for something for it to be experience. Did you ever do volunteer work? Ever tutor or just help someone with homework? Ever hold office or run any event for a club or fraternity?

Alternatively, in place of work experience, list skills And again, you can exaggerate a bit.
>>
>>18547443
The only thing I've done from that list is help others with homework
>>
>>18547465
There'll be clubs and societies at your university - if you've still got a year left you should try and join one and get on the general executive of that society (it's really not hard). I'm sure your university has a Red Cross society or something, they're generally pretty easy to get onto the executive of and the people are friendly in those sort of clubs/socs.
>>
Don't forget to include any volunteering you have done. You can easily use this as work experience, just like I have used my volunteering experience with the hospice on my CV.
>>
>>18547789
Is saying I struggled to combine work and uni a bit pathetic in explaining the grades? For what it's worth, the work I had at uni while my grades were bad was working as a waiter and in the army reserve.
>>
>>18547811
whoops, wrong thread.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.