[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Brother driving parents to suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3401.gif (2MB, 245x369px)
IMG_3401.gif
2MB, 245x369px
>brother is 31 (I'm 22)
>brother has always been on the autism scale (beat himself over the head as a little kid and was extremely violent to himself until he grew out of it at like 15)
>brother is still functioning though, he doesn't need care or someone to supervise him
> point being he can fully function in society

Now that you get the gist of my brother's issues, here's the problem.

>He moved out at 19 and lived with roommates/alone pretty succesfully with just a high school diploma
>at about his 30th birthday he has an ephiphany that he wants to move to Colorado (we live in Texas) for the """scenery""""

>probably the worst kept secret in my family is that he's a pothead, lazy and unmotivated by fucking anything
>part of his autism issues makes him ultra argumentative with everyone
>this grows worse in Colorado when he gets fired from several jobs only a month or so after being hired
>his lmao weed obsession/couch locked laziness from smoking dawn to dusk ends up leaving him shit-broke
>brother lies to our parents about being evicted from his apartment and living in his car for a week IN THE COLORADO WINTER, SHIT IS LITERALLY FREEZING
>Parents let him move back home with them
>move back home with them
>at fucking 30

(CONT)
>>
>>18547135
They put him in a medicaid (parents are poor and my brother is just as poor, I've barely started my career so I'm poor) therapy program.

>next session my brother has been obsessively researching every minute detail about these doctors and immediately decides they are "going to murder him if he lets them give him pills"

He now is unemployed for over a year now, living with my parents full time...

Came home to visit yesterday and I can just tell my mom wants to run away, and my dad is just so tired of my brother's constantly pissed off attitude that he just prefers either leaving the house or hiding.

I confront my brother, I get back "They shouldn't have had me if they couldn't take care of me till I die lol"
>>
its time for you to beat the living shit out of your brother. if that last bit was what he said he needs to bend over and eat your shit.
>>
>>18547143
Not an option
>>
>>18547170
for him to act that way at 31 he must get beat. any way maybe tell him to move out and that hes putting a strain on people who love him. tell him its embarrassing that he still lives at home. maybe tease him to death about being a lil faggot who acts like a child. Belittle him until he wants to fight you. then beat his ass. Tell your parents the only way for him to move on if they kick him out.
>>
Tell parents brother is obviously ruining their life
Make plan (im writing) to get him on his feet with deadlines
> in 3 months: get job
> in 6 months: get appartment
Etc

If he's able to sustain himself getting him back on his feet is the way to go. If in any way "but he's too autistic hurrr durrr" speak with his therapist and either do some therapeutic intervention, or get him institutionalized
>>
>>18547207
But if we institutionalize him, that's just a guaranteed way to make HIM an hero. Those places are fucking horrible (I have a friend who was placed in one before he was diagnosed with severe bipolar disorder, basically prison where they just dope you up all day and force you to do the most inane shit

I don't know if I'm even looking for advice at this point, I just am so scared for my parents and they get defensive the moment I bring up kicking him out (they think he'll die), so maybe someone here has been through something similar... I never cry but write now I'm balling my eyes out imagining where this could end up in a year or less.
>>
>>18547217

It's awful but this is your brother's autistic problem, not yours, not your parents''. You can take care of him out of love or duty only so much. If he's being an ungrateful or even unconstructive little bitch despite your efforts, it's time to kick him back on his own two feet again. Having him an hero just isn't your responsibility.

Compare it to a gf who threatens to kill herself if you break up with her. Would you have her ruin your life by blackmail? No, you seek out proper help and authorities and turn her over. You aren't responsible for another grown-up's actions.
>>
>>18547217
I'm sorry anon that your bro is such a deadbeat. Try to have an intervention? (prob wont work but worth a try?) come up with counter arguments for all his usual responses. Maybe report him to the police for smoking? Get him arrested? Tell your parents youll pay for bail and everything and dont and just let him rot in jail for a year. (not sure about texas law). or Get him drunk and have a heart to heart about what he's doing to the family? become friends with a store owner near by that can hire him part time so the part dont have to pay for his fat ass? maybe your brother's best place is out on the streets anon. sorry to tell you
>>
>>18547246
>so the part
*so the parents
>>
File: 1451242495232.jpg (10KB, 227x261px) Image search: [Google]
1451242495232.jpg
10KB, 227x261px
>>18547217
He literally believes he is entitled to have them take care of him indefinitely.

I mean, you can reason out a lot of bullshit a lot of the time. But when someone is this divorced from reality all you can really do is let them crash and burn.
>>
>>18547256
If he died though, and I was the major driving force behind kicking him out the the street, how do you think that would be like in my family? I wouldn't be able to forgive myself
>>
>>18547260
It's up to your parents. I'd just stress that this is unsustainable. They can try to set up a plan with him, they can kick him out, or they can let him leech off of their corpse. It's up to them really.

But if I was in your position I would make it clear I won't interact with them if it means you'd have to interact with him, e.g. family dinners. But that's just me.
>>
Plant some weed on him, call the cops and say your abusive brother harrasses your old parents and brought drugs in the house (he was recently in Colorado, he thought he could sell weed in Texas, his thc filled piss is going to confirm your story). Brother goes to jail, gets MANDATORY therapy or charity work, maybe starts turning around, maybe goes to jail and stops being a drain on your parents. Tell me how this is immoral?
>>
>>18547260

Are you the driving force?

Or are you the wall, and the driving force is the inertia caused by his sheer ineptitude with life?

There's a conscious decision there, autist or not. He's just a leech... tons of people overcome their problems and tons have it worse than him. The resources are there; he just does not wish to progress as a human.

And when something stops moving and it must not, we give it a push.
>>
>>18547260

You don't have to kick him out without a plan. Just make a plan, involve him in it, and state that this can't comtinue and that he has to take his own responsibilities. If he won't, tough luck. He's his own man.

If he's too autistic to be his own man, look for professionals who will take care of him. You are his family. You can give him love, and aid him to some extend. If he's unwilling, you're not obliged to keep pushing. He's a grown man and he stopped being your responsibility. If he's not a grown man, but a grown autist, he should be put in a spot where people can handle his shit.

I once again advise talking to his therapist, maybe he can give some constructive solutions.
>>
>>18547135
If he is legitimately autistic or otherwise handicapped, you should be able to find him a group home or other alternative housing. Contact city/state agencies and charities.

If he is just an asshole, encourage parents to push him out. If need be, they can find him an apartment and pay his opening rent.
>>
>>18547298
>>18547316
These are MUCH better advice than the "lol get him arrested" ones. Think about it, if you get him arrested, most likely he won't be in jail forever, a few years maybe, and when he gets out he'll be even worse than before, not to mention he'll now have a criminal record which will destroy his chances of getting a decent job and will basically ensure that he lives with his parents for the rest of his life.

Other than these two posts, I'd suggest making him stop smoking weed, it really isn't helpful for someone with autism, it just makes them dependent on it and lazy in life.
>>
>>18547135
Dr Phil loves telling 30+ entitled shits to get off the coach
>>
>>18547135
Your parents sprogged an autard, and then sprogged you nine years later anyway?

I mean, seriously OP. They gave birth to a retard and then decided to try giving birth a second time? Thank god you turned out alright, but their own decisions shows a lack of proper judgment and intelligence.

They made their bed.

They can sleep in it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.