[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Purpose of Relationships and Self-Sufficiency

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Love Underwater.jpg (207KB, 1024x698px) Image search: [Google]
Love Underwater.jpg
207KB, 1024x698px
Let's see your guys' thoughts.

I'm 20, Single, Living by Myself, in the Military, Mormon, and currently diagnosed with Depression. With that in mind, I don't see socializing with friends/acquaintances/others as important unless if I am doing my job or if it's in my way.

Growing up, People seem to value those that are Self-Sufficient (Especially in the Military), those that can handle the hardships of life, those that move forward and grow as a human. Showing weakness and pain is something that is looked down by society and by me. When someone shows that they are weak and can't move forward, They are not succeeding in their own purpose and they are seen as pathetic and weak. When people can't do their job or maintain their purpose in society and life, they are not respected by others around him/her.

These things have always been in my mind for as long as I can remember, and it explains why I don't have any best fiends or friends in general. I just don't understand the purpose of establishing Friendships. You think when you're self-sufficient, you don't need to spend time with others because of how much of a waste of time and energy it is and how you can handle yourself on your own. It's why I kinda stopped talking to people and why I stopped going to Church.

Same goes for Dating and Romantic Relationships. I've never had a girlfriend my whole life. I've never even been in any form of date in my whole life. I've never bonded with someone of the opposite gender. Like Friendships, it contradicts with Self-Sufficiency and it kinda just seems meaningless.

What do you guys think? I wanna see what you guys think of relationships and the Idea of being Self-Sufficient.
>>
I feel that being self sufficient involves being able to support yourself financially. Das it
>>
>>18547075
It really depends on what it all means to you. As long as you live according to your means, according to your nature, you'll be fine. However, you talk about being diagnosed with depression, and you talk about never having been in a romantic relationship, that it "seems meaningless", but if you really thought it was meaningless you wouldn't have mentioned it. The fact that you're depressed tells me you're not living according to your nature. That being said, you don't have to be in a relationship to do that. Just don't lie to yourself and pretend that you don't care as an excuse for not living according to your nature, and that there are things you could be doing differently.

If you want my opinions on the purpose of relationships and self-sufficiency, I feel a lot of relationships are misguided and selfish, that is, people tend to enter a relationship because they feel like they "should" and that there's something wrong with them if they don't, and also to fill emotional and sexual needs that everyone experiences. However, that doesn't mean that a relationship is absolutely necessary for someone to enjoy life. I've been single for years, and the way I see it, if a relationship comes along that I'm willing to get into, fine, but if not, also fine. I'm in no rush. I disagree with dating sites like Tinder, as there's no way to foster a meaningful relationship that way - the relationship will end as it began, if you start seeing someone for purely utilitarian reasons, then you will similarly stop seeing that person when it benefits you to do so, and vice versa.

As for self-sufficiency, I see it as being capable of living independent of what others do. However, that doesn't mean that I shun others or avoid social contact, as humans are inherently social creatures; we're not designed to live in isolation, it's unhealthy. I just live in a way such that regardless of what other people say or do, it has little impact on me and my life.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.