[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dream de la paleontology

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3117.jpg (188KB, 649x804px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3117.jpg
188KB, 649x804px
>be me, always wanted to be a paleontologist
>apply to volunteer at dinosaur museum after I graduate high school
>tldr "thanks for your enthusiasm but you literally have no experience"
>Next summer, I take a field paleontology course where I worked on a hadrosaur site for credit.
>One year later, I can finally re-apply.
>Submit my new application to volunteer entailing the practical experience in paleontology I've pursued since.
They don't start the process of elimination until AFTER they've done all the interviews, which will likely be in October.
Do you think I got it this time, bros?
>>
>>18546639

we don't know. there is no way for us to know. even if you meet requirements for getting in it doesn't mean they'll accept unfortunately.

paleontology is pretty fucking great though, I like to think in a parallel reality i went through wtih that. dinosaurs were a passion of mine growing up. I still get into them wtih documentaries and shit. Really evolution adn extinct animals in general interest me. I love seeing the evolution chart for a whale for instance, one of my favorite things to show people.

I once scared a guy away at a bar, he was fat and ugly and super into me, so i thought I could at least nerd out, but i started showing him some meso american carvings that seemed to show a stegosauruses and he got up and left me there.

one of my clients digs up fossils for fun, he owns a couple dozen acres on the most dense fossil bed in america nad just goes out and digs em up for fun. he donated a few to my office as decoration. no skulls or anything cool like that, just bits and pieces but he was able to show me which parts were on which dinosaur, even parts of ribcage on a velociraptor.

He even let me read his book on alternate extinction possibility. He thinks the dying out was caused by radiation half life or some shit.
>>
>>18546646
> the evolution chart for a whale for instance, one of my favorite things to show people.

show me
>>
>>18546639
I wanna hug you so fucking much, I'm going back to school in fall so I can get my PhD in paleontology XD. maybe we'll actually meet one day.
>>
>>18546779

google is your friend if you want to see more. I have tried finding other animals evolution charts but with less results.

whats interesting about whales is that they do not have gils, which as im sure you know is on the rare side for a creature that lives in the water. its not something we think about much but logically that would mean that at some point whales needed to breathe oxygen more than they needed to breathe water, so they have to have lived on land at some point.

pic related.
>>
>>18546784

>XD

what did anon mean by this
>>
>>18546798
happy face. i'm super jazzed that i found another person who likes dinos and wants to make a career outta it. chill.
>>
>>18546801

why tho
>>
>>18546805
because its a rare field. Just because I'm not doing basic bitch shit like an liberal arts degree doesnt mean I cant get excited when I find someone else in that field. I feel like you can answer your own questions with common basic sense.
>>
Paleontology sounds awesome. I'm really into dinos. If I didn't have a kid to take care of I might have to volunteer at a dig over the summer.
>>
>>18546811

no no no, why would you use the XD.

are you new here?
>>
>>18546816

teach your kids about dinos mate.

watch walking with dinosaurs. my dad was an awful piece of shit but its the only time we ever bonded.

also show him 'the future is wild' and 'alien planet' just for kicks.
>>
>>18546821
I have been! He's super into the show Dinosaur Train, and we're going to play Saurian together when it comes out. It's been fun, especially since nobody else I know is into dinos.

He's also gonna be getting an archaeopteryx plushie.
>>
>>18546826

dude thats sweet! i dont see my self having a kid but I got a nephew who is really into animal stuff but he didn't really know about dinosaurs and such until he met me. now hes really into all the fringe stuff, not just dinosaurs but the other animal stuff that isn't so common place. he LOVED watching the future is wild.
>>
>>18546852
Know anything good documentaries about pre-dinosaur extinct animals?
>>
>>18546864

oh boy, i feel like there was one a while ago i saw, but i might be thinking of the one that takes place after the dinosaurs but before modern animals, which wasn;t all that fun. that would be great though.

I do remember a documentary that started showing how they believe life started and became sponges and such, but i dont remember if it got any further after that...
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.