[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone ever been denied a rental for a misdemeanor?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: atheists be like.jpg (72KB, 503x465px) Image search: [Google]
atheists be like.jpg
72KB, 503x465px
I'm moving to NYC to start a graduate program in the fall

Like a year ago I was pulled over for a license plate thing at like 1am. Cop thought I was drunk, I wasn't (blew a 0.000%), but I peed in the cup and had weed in my system. Eventually the DUI got dismissed and I got convicted of a disorderly conduct (misdemeanor)

I didn't even think of it because there was no background check for school, but I guess the credit check for the rental showed the arrest and whatnot and they asked me to explain it. I explained it in brief email, not too much detail, etc.

Basically, is this just a formality to make sure I'm not a violent criminal or a drug DEALER? I'm like 95% done with the application, I make 40x rent, my credit is above what they asked for, and all that. I know it's a subjective call for the landlord I guess, but I wonder if anyone here has experience w/ something like this.
>>
>>18546602
No, but again, I'm not a nigger
>>
>>18547795

oh word
>>
You make 40x the rent? They'd have to be the most retarded agent in the world to refuse you, sure you don't mean 4x the rent?
>>
>>18548117

No. To rent you (or your parents or someone) needed to make 40x your share of one month's rent (multi person lease).

My share is like less than $1,000 a month and I will make at least $40,000 in the coming year.

Like I said, 95% of the rental application is done. This just came up on the credit check, which I assume is the last step.

And that's kind of what I was thinking. I am very stably employed, so it seems dumb to deny someone for a lease like a week before the move in date when they clearly have the money (and it's not even student loans). But you never know.
>>
>>18548135

Oh right, the metric we use where I live for financing is 3x the rent, except unitless instead of "40x one month per year". So you make about 3.3x your rent, just enough

You should be unlikely to be refused anyway, marijuana misdemeanour tenant vs potentially losing 1 or more weeks of rent is a pretty easy decision. Agents/landlords fucking hate missing a week they don't have to
>>
>>18548151

Good shit, thanks for the reassurance. I've been nervous because the email came at the end of the workday on Friday so I probably won't hear back until at least tomorrow.
>>
>>18548165

Let your prospective housemates know if they don't already, you might want to keep half an eye on the market just in case. Keep looking at places this weekend if you aren't too busy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.