[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal neglect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: staffyutecage3.jpg (96KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
staffyutecage3.jpg
96KB, 680x453px
Long story short, this creepy guy keeps showing up to my parents house (where I'm living and paying rent), and stays for 5-6-7hours at a time. My parents are over it but are too weak to say anything so they sit at the dinner table while this guy stares at them and has meaningless conversations with alot of pregnant silences. I've told my mother that I will tell him to fuck off so they dont look like the bad guys but she said if I do then she will kick me out. Once he leaves they bitch about him staying for so long and when he shows up they get upset but smile when he walks through the door.

He has a dog, which is in a cage in the back of his truck. (Pic related but its bolted to the tray). He leaves the dog in this cage while he is here. The dog is larger than the one pictured in a cage thats a bit smaller in size.
Yesterday he was here from 2pm-9:30pm. 7 1/2hours. I went up to the dog and noted there is no water and he didnt once check on the animal while he was here, so the dog didnt get fed. At 3 hours in I had this conversation with him.
-Me: Is your dog in the back of your truck?
-Him: Nah not sure you betta check
-Me: Your dog is in the back of your truck with no water, does he need water?
-Him: You better go ask him.

He has turned up an hour ago once again.
Would this be classed as animal neglect?
>>
>>18546482
I think so.

Anyway you can report it?
>>
>>18546482
you don't know fucking anything about this guy. follow him if you need to see if he feeds and waters the dogs at home but calling this animal neglect is overreacting.
>>
>>18546508
Would locking your animal in a cage that it can just stand up in for 7 1/2 hours without food or water not be classed as neglect?
>>
Op leave the guy alone unless you really want to fuck up your parents and your own lives.

He obviously owns them and by extension you.
>>
Report his ass anon. You already know that you should
>>
>>18546514
No.
>>
>>18546536
I hope you never own any animals then in that case.
>>
>>18546520
I think he is just too autistic to relalize the position hes put my parents in. Its really weird and I don't interact or even really look at him because he just sits there at the dinner table staring at me.
>>18546536
How long should an animal go without water or food before its abuse to you, Anon?
>>
>>18546551
realize*
>>
>>18546536
Of fucking course it is, you idiot. Crating a dog isn't abuse. Crating a dog OUTSIDE, with no water, for SEVEN FUCKING HOURS, indisputably is. There's no argument here. You can ask any vet, reputable trainer, any animal expert you care to find, and no, your redneck cousin doesn't count.

Of course it's neglect.

But OP, I'm honestly having trouble understanding your situation. What's this guy's relation to your family? How did you meet him, did he just start ... showing up one day, or what? There's two issues here, his neglect of his dog, and the fact that he's imposing on your parents (and you, because you pay rent). Where did this guy come from?
>>
Also, from the sound of it, the crate is inappropriately sized for the dog, so that's ... strike four or something, I've lost count. Yes, it's abuse.
>>
>>18546585
So, my mother jokingly started it.
Mums involved in a club. This guy joined but didnt know anyone so mum helped by being friendly and encouraged him into the club more.
Her mistake was calling him (AS A JOKE) her son.

He started coming over because of club issues, now he comes over for literally no reason and stays for an inapproriate amount of time. Mum has never encouraged him to come over. He calls the home phone and we wont answer, he will say 'Muuuuuuuum, Daaaaaaad, I know youre home!!!11 pick up the phone'

He now calls mum, mum. My father, dad. When my grandparents stop by while hes here (he comes at least 3 times a week) he calls them Nan and Pop.
He has stayed for so long that my mother has cooked dinner and given him food which in my opinion has encouraged his further but her response is 'what am I supposed to do?'
I always say 'tell him to leave'.

Mum has subtly brought up him coming over so much which he responded as 'I come over to annoy you ha ha ha', while im standing next to mum just wide eyed because he is openly admitting he is being like this, joke or not.
>>
>>18546541
>I hope you never own any animals then in that case.
I don't. Pets are for normie idiots.
>>
>>18546610
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand thats your credibility shot
>>
>>18546600
This is a weird situation. It's a little hard to know what to do here because I don't know your parents. It seems incredible to me that they'd actually threaten to kick their own son out of the house for putting his foot down over something like this - you think that was a real threat?

Honestly, dude, I recommend sitting down with your parents and having a serious chat about this. Explain your thinking, really explain it. Tell them that you think he's imposing on them, and on you (you do pay rent, after all, you do have some right to privacy in your own home), and that when he hangs out in your house for hours and hours, he's neglecting his dog. Say that you don't want to hurt the guy's feelings either, and emphasize that you're not planning on being rude to him, you don't have to be rude to set boundaries, but that at this point, boundaries need to be set. Put all of that in your own voice, of course, but that's more or less the wording that I'd use.

That's what I'd do, anyway. But my parents are reasonable people. Is there any chance your parents will respond well to a conversation like that?
>>
I HAVE A DEER. THE ONE TIME HE HAS TAKEN HIS FUCKING DOG OUT OF THE FUCKING CAR THE DOG HAS BITTEN MY DEER AND CHASED HER. HE STOOD AND WATCHED.

MY DEERS LEG IS NOW HURT FROM THIS CUNTS FUCKING DOG.
I CANT LOOK AT HIM OR BE IN THE SAME ROOM OR I AM GOING TO SCREAM AT HIM.
>>
>>18546794
you have a.. deer? and you're calling other people autists?
>>
If they can't tell a stranger off, do you really think they have the guts to throw you out?
>>
>>18547173
this and
>>18546767
this.
tell your parents that they value a strangers opinion over you their blood related son that pays rent. would report the fag to the police while hes there. Like take a picture of the time that the guy arrives with the time present and call the cops or animal control or nonemergency about the guy doing it over and over. maybe secretly record the guy not giving a fuck about the dog
>>
>>18546482
also whenever hes over and tries to talk to you maybe make it obvious you dont want him there. "why are you in my house?" "go home youre fucking annoying" "fuck off" "get the fuck out" maybe dont let him in?
>>
>>18547162
The fuck does owning a deer have to do with autism?
I have two peccarys and a mara, and I'm socially normal as fuck.
>>
>>18546600
What kind of club?

The joke shit is bullshit there is something else going on here. He's their drug connection, loaned them money or your moms bull. No other reason for them to tell you to deal or leave. If I were you I'd take that money you give them for rent and get your own place in another town. Your parents are fucked up.
>>
File: 1499923122515.jpg (31KB, 421x338px) Image search: [Google]
1499923122515.jpg
31KB, 421x338px
>>18547585
This. Wake the fuck up your parents are involved with him in some manner.
>>
>>18547585
Kek this
>>
The bigger problem here is who's the dude that comes over your house?

And why? What's his relationship with your family
>>
>>18547585

This, they're covering for him, not you. This should say something.

He's fuckin' someone, fuckin' something up, or they fucked something up.

Dog in a cage in a pickup sounds like drugboy to me, but hey
>>
>>18546482

Move out op, if you interview carefully there are roommates that will be more sensible then your parents. The independence will be amazing, and you wont have to worry about being thrown out because it's your name on the lease.

Also yes, that's animal abuse. Start with getting proof. Then call an police info line to figure out how to report it properly.
>>
>>18547576
How big is the deer? Pics?
>>
>>18546610
>Pets are for normies
3edgy5me
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.