[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

No female friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7263.png (107KB, 500x472px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7263.png
107KB, 500x472px
I don't think I ever had a female friend, all my friends are male. I basically never chat with girls through text. Sure, I have acquaitances. A girl from my class lives nearby so we usually chat in the train on the way to university, and we had lunch together once. But it still doesn't feel like we're friends at all. I've seen guys who befriend girls in minutes, they meet a girl at party or w/e, talk for a while then keep texting, and a few weeks later they know a lot about each other and tell each other personal things and w/e. I don't have much trouble getting closer to other guys, but girls are a whole new story.

What am I lacking? I feel like before I think about getting a girlfriend, I need to be able to at least develop a friendship with a girl. I'm tall and fairly good-looking, I'm /fit/, have hobbies and passions, I'm not the best at conversations but I can easily make small talk with a girl for like half an hour while cracking a few jokes. Yet it feels like my relationships with girls don't go past "acquaitance" level. Anyone else has this problem?
>>
>What am I lacking?

Perspective. Girls are just other humans. With tiddy and vagoo for the fun times. All humans can be equally shitty, or not-shitty.

There was one crucial trick I learned that helped me become not-shit at dealing with girls and that was to treat them exactly-the-fucking-same as I treat dudes. Let me tell you, it works. And since you make male friends you clearly have redeeming qualities, so worry less.

Go in, talk to them, chat about shit. Who cares. If a guy doesn't wanna be around you, do you get all broken up about it? Do you stare at your screen wondering where you went wrong? Do you re-re-re-re-reread your last text to him, thinking, "If only I'd done it differently!"??

There's literally nothing different about girls that isn't self-imposed. It will become different when you two agree to date; not before.

Most of the girls I've talked to cite that they enjoy that I don't treat them differently or like they're some delicate thing. I treat 'em like I treat everyone, equally brusque, and they're always into it.
>>
I'll be your friend anon.
>>
>>18546458
Yeah perspective might be a part of it. I've always had problems with puttting the pussy on a pedestal since my early high school years, some of that attitude is probably what's fucking me over. I'll try to focus on treating girls as if they were guys like you said, that should help.

Although the reason why it's so easy to make dude friends is because we often have common "dude" interests. We can talk about yesterday's soccer game, or some hot chick, or go play some normie vidya together. I never really know what to talk about with girls except class-related stuff or basically gossiping about other people.
>>
>>18546466
L I S B O N
I
S
B
O
N
>>
File: 1489315132439.jpg (23KB, 257x210px) Image search: [Google]
1489315132439.jpg
23KB, 257x210px
>>18546476
>Moortugal
I'd rather not
>>
File: IMG_0305.jpg (247KB, 891x1393px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0305.jpg
247KB, 891x1393px
>>18546497
S-shut up and give me advice, Portugal is based
>>
>>18546440
I have pretty much this exact problem anon, although I've had friends who are girls, but even then I don't feel any sort of real connection, it all feels fake in a way. Even if we're having a 'real' conversation it feels like small talk, like we're both pretending. Kind of like each time we'd talk it's like the first time we met, only with more personal topics of conversation.

Although, my issue is caused by a couple of very clear and obvious events from my childhood that fucked my head up and I'm not going to talk about, so mine is more of an environmental outcome over a neurological one. Well, the initial cause anyway.

Go see a therapist and tell them about your issues connecting with people and see if you can find out where it comes from, then you may be able to work on it. Imo It's more common than you think, lots of people feel disconnected in some way, what you and I might be lacking was the correct environment growing up that would have made up that deficit.
>>
>>18546517
>Even if we're having a 'real' conversation it feels like small talk, like we're both pretending. Kind of like each time we'd talk it's like the first time we met, only with more personal topics of conversation.

Wow, that's a really accurate description of what I feel. It's like there's never any progress in the relationship, I understand what you mean.

I've always felt a bit abnormal, "disconnected" as you said but I'm not sure if it warrants a visit to the therapist. I think I'm just naturally quiet, serious and introverted, and the lack of social experience (especially with girls my age) made me a bit socially awkward. And honestly, I'm not sure how much a therapist could help with something like that. But what you said makes sense, I'll try to understand the root of my issues
>>
>>18546440
Do you have a Skype we could talk on there or something
>>
>>18546475

Find chicks with common interests, they're out there.

Settling for a chick who doesn't have your interests, at least in some small part, you're gonna have a bad time.
>>
>>18546546
I do have a skype, but is there any reason why you want to talk to me there? I didn't make this thread with the intention of making friends, I'm just trying to overcome a personal issue. But I'll add you, what's your name on skype?
>>
>>18546556
Idk just thought having a female friend would help you along the way with your struggles.
>>
>>18546589
Yeah fair enough, sounds like a good idea. What's your skype username?
>>
>>18546596
sent ;-)
>>
>>18546596
What's yours?
>>
>>18546688
Mine is my irl name so I don't want to put it here out in the open
>>
>>18546688
Just remembered I have a throwaway skype account, you can add me on there. Search for "Advice Anon"
>>
File: 4ec.png (156KB, 680x614px) Image search: [Google]
4ec.png
156KB, 680x614px
Not OP but I have the same problem.

I had one female friend I fell in love with a long time ago but I want to say I'm all but healed from it. Though I have had little female friends since, the main one being my friend's ex, who started as a friend by proxy.

Consistently, whenever I meet a new girl, they rarely ever have my interests (read: par for the nerd course) or sense of humor, and it's also usually the case that they can't make me laugh in return. And it's like, if there's no banter, why would I hangout with this person?

I have had two girlfriends, neither of whom shared my interests, though one humored my shit and tried to stay engaged, which was very nice.

>new hobby
fuck off, if I wanted to be doing something I'd already be doing it
>>
>>18546458
thanks anon, terrific post.
>>
I have the opposite problem. I don't think I have had more than one or two non-superficial friendships with other men.

Pretty much all of my friends are women. Always been that way since I was old enough to not just follow the other boys around. Amusingly enough this leads to me hanging out with a lot of lesbians, including times when I am the only man out with a group of 8 gay women.
>>
>>18546458
>>18546793

What if I took your advice and just ended up alienating everyone female I talked to?

Story time:
I lived in a 75 percent female dorm all of my freshman year of college. I followed the bee urself meme and I made friends with literally one girl who I later dated. This is after interacting with women day to day for an entire year. HOWEVER, I had several male friends, one of whom I still keep in touch with to this day.
>>
>>18546475
Then make female friends who share your interests.

Like vidya? Talk to girls at nerd conventions. Video game stores quite often have days where they host table top gaming, chat to people who are hanging around or join in.

Like soccer, or talking about fitness/health in general? Gyms, parks, cooking classes, sports bars while a game is currently on.

Or talk about your interests with girls you meet anywhere, because that qt from class might also play video games or watch soccer with her dad. The point of making friends is to find these things out.

All you have to do is ask whether they like x thing. It's not that hard.
>>
>>18546517
>>18546537
>Even if we're having a 'real' conversation it feels like small talk, like we're both pretending. Kind of like each time we'd talk it's like the first time we met, only with more personal topics of conversation.
I'm in the same situation. I just recently noticed it when someone pointed out to me that a girl I spend on average 5 or 6 hours a day with in class or studying for the last three years isn't even that good of a friend of mine. It's exactly like you said - our entire friendship, if you could even call it that, consists of small talk and never goes any further. Why the fuck does this happen? I didn't have a messed up childhood or anything and I can make close male friends just fine.
Also
>I think I'm just naturally quiet, serious and introverted, and the lack of social experience (especially with girls my age) made me a bit socially awkward
This describes me perfectly
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.