[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Controversial Person + Wannabe Game Dev = Certain Doom?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: I'll do my best.jpg (30KB, 500x244px) Image search: [Google]
I'll do my best.jpg
30KB, 500x244px
> Am a fairly controversial (but I like to think open-minded) and active twitter user
> Want to start a game dev project that's very important to me
> Am afraid that it'll come back and bite me in the ass

If some of you don't know a girl called Paige (I can't remember her twitter handle - twothumbs or something like that) tried to develop a game. Paige doesn't have the best of reputations and so her game flopped before it even truly started. I'm in the very, very early stages of making my game, but I've been starting to panic that my arguments on my twitter may come back and bite me in the ass in the future. I'm a panicker yea.
>>
This is why you don't get into stupid internet arguments.
>>
Sorry anon, you're probably fucked.
>>
Have a private twitter and a game dev twitter. Don't let them know you're the name person.
>>
>>18546156
>>18546156
>having non-anonymous fights on the internet

Your game deserves to flop.
>>
>>18546156

>social media

Nuke it from orbit.

>not being able to own your shit

If you cannot own your shit, then do not start shit. I will own everything I do because I chose to do it at some point, even that weird tentacle-monster hentai shit.

If it makes you panic, why did you do it?

Also, if you're female, never mention or draw attention to it. Everyone says it's woman-hating-- no, we just fucking hate when dumb cunts are like "I'M A GIIIIIIRL" like that's fucking special. You and two billion, ninety-nine million, nine-hundred and ninety-nine thousand, nine-hundred and ninety-nine other fucking cunts who all think a goddamn second X chromosome is noteworthy. No, dipshit, "being born" is not an accomplishment. "Giving birth" is and your mother did that-- not you.

If you're a man, never engender your arguments. I don't care if you're supporting something; never, ever attach to a gender with your opinions. Be open, be quiet, and best of all be meek; your input should be a quiet mouse's squeak in the corner, that someone can pull up if they want.

As for your past doings, blame childhood, teen ages, whatever you can. If you're really fucked, invent a story about a bad period in your life and how the game is to make you see things more clearly. Bonus points for tacking on SJW buzzwords to attain bonus social media points.

But,

>using social media

Nuke it from orbit.
>>
>>18546180
>>18546180
Fucking my hero right here. I think I'm just gonna have to tone down on that social media thing honestly. But fuck man I've been out of school for 5 years and only leave the house for work it ain't gonna be easy to just hop of social media
>>
>>18546156
Just have something good to show for your game before you start really showing it off.

People hate controversial twitter game devs because their games are shit and they rely on drama to stay relevant
>>
>>18546156
Yeah social media is only good for advertising, and if you advertise animosity...
>>
>>18546203

It's hella easy, do literally anything else. Social media is poisonous fuckery. I got the fuck out when I realized it was just all these people I knew, shared memories with and could recognize by face, spouting and espousing opinions on SJW and /b/ levels of judgement and justification. And, of course, ask them to defend it and it's just "lol w/e." Even though they're saying some heinous shit.

It's garbage. It's where cowards go to be 'themselves,' which is really just appealing to edge to get thumbs-up or likes or whatever the fuck shit-eating counter it is. It's never about anything but the cult-of-self, where a person has to be respected just for having been shit out the womb.

If you stay the fuck away from it, it's better. E-mail is literally all you will ever need until career-building and LinkedIn.

Alternatively, they're not wrong saying take a pseudonym to do your game and hide behind it.

Best authored pseudonym I saw was 'Pseudonymous Bosch.' What a fucking genius.

Like I said, when in doubt, backpedal and commit to it like you're genuine. People eat up genuine attitude; I can pitch just about anything if I put my heart into it and waggle my eyebrows around a bunch. So can you.

If you want more advice I'm gonna need examples of your shit. Feel free to mad lib some parts or paraphrase to avoid being reverse-searched, I don't give a fuck, I just wanna know what kinda content we're handling with you. Then I can help you with some more tailored responses and ideas.
>>
>>18546397
Nothing big enough to get me an official call out yet, but I've got enough of the bigger twitters in my fandoms blocking me. I'm very big on the whole fictional =/= reality bs and the whole you can like something in fictional and not approve of it in reality shit. Also defending my fellow content creators who get abused (both online and at cons etc) because that R-18 piece of work they worked hard on happens to be of a 16 year old anime character. That's the kind of controversy I'm dealing with

I don't go around hunting people though, I just sit on my own twitter and do my own thing. It's the people who comment on my shit is where I start getting a bit moronic
>>
>>18546156
As a miserable ex-game dev who hasn't even made a proper game, you are either fucked if you try to get close to the industry (other game devs, journalists, etc), or will do okay if you keep your distance from the scene but youre going to have to watch your back. You can't get too comfortable with things being the way they are right now.

But most importantly, focus on making a good game. People may forgive you for your controversial nature if you can deliver a quality product. Then again, it also depends on how strong you are as a person, whether you can deal with the overly sensitive jackasses that populate the vidya scene. Either way it's going to be an uphill battle of being the best or be bested.

I hope this helps. I wanted to make video games myself but I lost my drive because of similar issues. I don't want someone else taking the loss.
>>
I am not judging you one way or the other, but this is the world we live in. If you use your real name in social media and say certain things, people will take them certain ways, and they stay on there as long as you don't delete them.

It doesn't matter if the reactions of others are justified or witch hunts, it is what it is. Plan accordingly.
>>
>>18546156

delete your twitter account and / or release the game under a pseudonym
>>
>>18546156
It really depends on your audience. The thumbsomething VN failed because it was a blatant SJW cashgrab by a "problematic" twitter addict who couldn't keep her mouth shut. On the other hand, the guy making the Yandere game is a huge sperg but he has tons of fans because they're kids who don't care about call out posts.

Obviously, you should still try to release your game under a pseudonym.
>>
File: 1387774889474.png (302KB, 371x386px) Image search: [Google]
1387774889474.png
302KB, 371x386px
>>18546156

>Am a fairly controversial

I don't know anybody worth a shit who would describe themselves like this.
>>
>>18546481
I know it doesn't mean anything coming from a random panicker on the internet, but I hope that even if it's small, you find some way back to doing the thing you love.

Thank you for the advice, I'll try
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.