[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drifting away

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: no crying in baseball.jpg (27KB, 306x208px) Image search: [Google]
no crying in baseball.jpg
27KB, 306x208px
I'm not socially reclusive. I'm more misanthropic. I present myself in a way people don't really like, and I have damaged/ended a lot of relationships due to finding the other person's antics intolerable. As time goes on, this trend is only increasing. People I once loved and/or considered my friends are starting to become completely off-putting to me. It's not like I have a big head either - I know the main reason I'm only around these people is because I don't have anything to offer the world *as is*, and I won't for many years.

Is this depressing? I'm not sad so much as numb anymore. I just keep upgrading my style of living (I started from rock bottom a few years ago, after my family came to resent me and threw me out), and cutting off people I no longer need to associate with. Is this fucked up? Maybe I just haven't found my kind of person yet? Oddly enough, I might only like religious people, since most of those books are like, "Try your best to be a righteous boy."

People have even tried to call me mentally ill, but aside from bouts of depression/anxiety/depersonalization due to circumstance, I don't think I'm that dysfunctional. If anything, my ex-girlfriends and ex-family were the dysfunctional ones. Some of my panic stems from completely normal things, like having uncomfortable (and pretty common) metaphysical/existential realizations. Even simple stuff we realize as children can stick with us and shake us up from time to time.

Does anyone feel the same and/or have advice for dealing with a mental state like this? Good help and feedback is very appreciated, thank you.
>>
1. It is rather important that you feel alright with your decisions. Whats even the point to have people around you that you dont like or cant connect with. And some people cant handle the truth so you will get that back at you.

2. I for myself made the experience that people which openly talk about their religious views are morons whether they believe something or not. Worse than politics. Those are the first one to stab you in the back inthe name of an allmighty (_).

3. My guess is that people like you tend to be at all more reclusive alltough they might enjoy the community of equal ideas but finding like-minded... Well good luck..

I'll be looking alone for those who i enjoy being with instead of hating my life surrounded by people i hate and hanging myself because nobody could ever understand me because they are morons (or i am different).

Neither is easy but one is in the end more satisfying
>>
>>18545586
you're right. it's just stressful to be alone sometimes. it's good to have company and some reassurance.

as for the part about religion, I haven't decided yet. I've only been truly close to twenty-something people, most of them atheists, so it's hard to take a stance on that.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.