[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to feel love?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (10KB, 123x125px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
10KB, 123x125px
Hey /adv/,
I have a really big problem. My entire childhood has lacked love and emotional support. I finally got with this girl and it's been around nine months since we started dating. I feel no love for her, even though she has been the absolute best to me, and basically worked her ass off to show me that she loves me. But I don't feel love and I don't know how to love. It's coming to the point where I cannot continue any longer in this relationship if I don't know how to love. What is wrong with me!?!?! I feel like I'm using her!!!!
>>
Bump for help. I really need some
>>
>>18545047

I think you are misinterpreting the situation here. you probably DID like her at first and now the honeymoon phase is over and you realize she isn't anything particularly special, so you are retroactively applying those emotions to the entire relationship. this happens a LOT.

sometimes you meet someone who in person seems to be really happy and fun, and they make grand declarations about how they are the happiest and luckiest person because of their friends.

then that night on facebook they've been home alone for 3 hours without a god hobby so they become sad and they retroactively apply that emotion to their life. they think 'well im sad now, and its really sad, so that must mean that happiness was a lie, therefore I am depressed and just putting on smiles for everyone elses sake'

Nonsense logic. but thats what a lot of people do.

anyways, in your case if you arent into her it doesn't mean you are wrong or broken. hell even if you NEVER felt anything for her it doesn't mean you are wrong or broken. you cant just date ANYONE and expect happiness to fall out.
>>
>>18545347
What do I do? I am scared about breaking up because it's the first person that has ever taken interest in me.... I'm so introverted and "Beta" that it's impossible for me to initiate anything, and most girls are sluts in my town? How can I get back that "honeymoon" phase of a relationship?
>>
>>18545047
you don't feel love...

you are love
>>
So wat do?
>>
>A guy who can't feel love has had a girlfriend for nine months

truly there is no hope for me
>>
>>18547007
So are you basically saying that I actually love her, but the endearment isn't registering up in the brain, per say?
If so, I just got mindfucked....
>>
>>18545047
Not everyone feels loved the same way.
JUST ASK HER how you can act to give love/affection to her.
>>
>>18545047
the questions here are, do you care for her enough to try and love her back? do you see yourself with her in the future?

Love can grow and change with time, when you care for a person well being and you want to pass your time with that person, that is already a form of love.
Romantic love in the other hand, is more profound, when the life of that person outlevel yours and you want to care and protect, and enjoy time with that one no matter what hardships shows in time.

If you dont understand, feelings, read behavioral psychology and empathy, it could help you in some way to understand people more, it helped me.
>>
>>18547200
this.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.