[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where's the reward?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: Anatomia del Corpo Humano.jpg (244KB, 1200x1802px) Image search: [Google]
Anatomia del Corpo Humano.jpg
244KB, 1200x1802px
Goddamn it, /adv/.

I used to drink half a bottle of whiskey a night while smoking half a pack of cigarettes. I quit all that shit, not a drink nor a smoke for two months. All the whiskey carbs and calories gone. I've been eating healthier and walking three to six miles a day, and the callouses have finally taken over the blisters.

I haven't lost a single pound.

I'd been hoping that taking all the joy out of life would also take off a few pounds. Isn't there supposed to be some kind of holy reward for asceticism? I'm stuck at a 30 BMI, and I feel like the quest for virtue has failed me and in fact robbed me of the truer pleasures that the devils of Nicotine and Bourbon had granted me.

Wat do? Should I go back to the substances that made life worth living, or will keeping to the path of light for a few more months make a difference? When do I become more handsome to match my newfound virtue?
>>
Cut sugar and carbs out of your diet. Eat healthy fats and protein. Get your saturated and unsaturated fats.

Also if you want to burn off day then exercise while you fast. Or before you eat in the morning go for a jog or do jumping jacks
>>
As the previous post says, cout out carbs and sugar.
There's some good research that says carbs act unproportionally on your metabolic consumption of calories, to put it very oversimplified, you'll get fatter from the same amount of calories if they contain carbohydrates.

I struggled with being a fat for most of my life, but about a year ago, I cut most of the carbs out. I'll still eat some sweets and have a weekly burger/pizza whatever, but the cruicial point was getting rid of the "meat, little bit of veg and a healthy condiment of carbs" meal paradigm and switching it up.
As an example of a meal, you can make yourself a "hearthy salad", a few tomatoes, some cucumber, beans, an egg, some mozzarela and maybe a can of tuna (or grilled tuna if you're not the lazy type) and just a pinch of olive oil. No other dressings though, they are the silent calorie bomb.
Anyway, this gives you a full family sized salad bowl of food, which should fill up your stomach even if you're a particularly voracious type, while only being ~1000 calories, which is half a day's worth, but also containing plenty of vitamin, fibre, protein and all that other crap.
Then you can mix it up by varying the contents.
Basically, just replace all the carb condiments with mountains of various veg.

The second part is exercise.
Here, I'd really recommend bicycling. If you live in a city, you can use it to commute and that'll add like 30min-1hour of light daily exercise to your life and it's much more fun than being stuck in traffic.
It's also one of the easier forms of aerobic exercise where you can just keep going and going, there's less stress on your joints compared to walking or running and so on.
And it's nice, since you can go see places and nature while simultaneously exercising.

Anyway, the combination of these two things helped me go from 100kg to almost 80kg in "just" a span of two summers without all the suffering of strict dieting, laborious, expensive hours at the gym and all that shit.
>>
>>18544970
>>18545023
I'm on a lower carb diet, but I'm not carb-free yet. I won't be able to do that until mid September.
I tried the salad you mention once before in my life: I lost like 40 pounds one summer eating only salad. It was pretty sweet, but I was also working a night shift at a fast food restaurant—that's why I was only eating salad, because fats disgusted me after working around them too much. Back then (20 years ago?) there wasn't much carb research in the news, but the salads I was eating were pretty much zero carb unintentionally.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.