[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Getting custody of my stepdaughter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1491384858524.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1491384858524.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
My wife has breast cancer and she's not doing so hot. She was too slow to get medical help so they detected it far too late and it has spread to several organs in her body. The past few years has been a struggle to try and keep her alive. It's become a grim reality that she probably won't live for too much longer.

My wife has a daughter from her previous marriage, she's 13. We also have a son that is ours. My wife wants me to take custody of her daughter when she's gone. There is a problem though, her father is still around. The reason she wants me to take custody is because her father was extremely abusive. Although he chooses not to be too involved in her life outside of the bare minimum, there's no way he's going to give up custody to me. It's no secret he wants his daughter back.

We have spoken to my stepdaughter about this and she was mortified at the idea of having to go live with her father again. She started crying and said she wants to stay with me. We think it would be in her best interest to live with me and her little brother too obviously but it's not looking so good.

I'm not her real father but we are extremely close and she treats me as her real father. I don't want to lose her and have her live a bad life either, even though she's not my real daughter I love her just the same. Do you think it would be possible for me to get custody or are we screwed?
>>
Unfortunately, it's looking fucked OP. At the end of the day he's her real father and that's a very powerful legal leverage. You'd need to prove he's unfit to have custody and that might be difficult.
>>
why haven't you gotten a proper lawyer who'll give you the proper details on this? if there's any way you can get custody, fight tooth and nail for it. you may have to adopt her and all that first.

I know it's a tough time but pull out the stops and get the ball rolling anon.
>>
It's not possible unless you can prove without a doubt that he can't look after her. You're not her father man, you'll have to let go.
>>
>>18544905
You need the father's permission to adopt their child, anon.
>>
>>18544871
OP, because of the circumstances the ex shouldn't win just because your wife dies. Contact an attorney for protections available before your wife passes. So sorry for what your wife and the family is dealing with. There is no pleasure in slow cancerous death.
>>
It's going to be extremely difficult OP. To the point where I would say it's probably not worth it. I know you love your daughter but you're fighting a losing battle. To improve your chances though, you should:

- Have your wife write a very detailed will about her desire of who gets custody that explains why she feels you're a better father. She needs to be as thorough and concise as possible.

- Collect all the evidence you fucking can. If your wife ever filed a police report then get it, if your wife has ever had a conversation about this with the man in question then get a copy of that, if you can manage to get an interaction between him and his daughter on film then do it. Collect every little bit you can, if you feel up for it then talk to her father yourself and record the conversation.

- Depending on the case, your stepdaughter may be able to testify against her father since she's old enough. It's up to the court's discretion if they take her testimony seriously or even give her a platform though. It's generally frowned upon to involve the child themselves in these proceedings.

- Get the best family lawyer you can. This is going to be a fucking dirty dirty fight for custody, expect her father to do anything possible to make you look bad and you need to retaliate in kind.

- Most importantly, try and do all of this before your wife dies. If your wife dies, your chances of getting custody are fucked. It's much more powerful to have the mother there than not. If she dies though, that's what the will is for but I highly highly suggest you get this shit done fast.

It's going to be a long fight, it's going to be expensive, it'll probably make your lives miserable for a long while. You need to consider if it's really worth it to you.
>>
Her father has every right to get custody, stop interfering with other people's children.
>>
>>18545311
>ITT: NAMBLA member
>>
we shit tier """""""""social experiments""""""""" nao to """""earn""""" totally-not-worthless degrees. your threads are all garbage and you should feel bad.
>>
A big part of it should be what the step-daughter wants.
>>
If the stepdaughter really wants to stay with you and keeps running away from her father then no court is going to force her to stay with him
>>
>raising another man's child
Don't be cucked from beyond the grave anon
>>
lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer lawyer
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.