[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to raise the self esteem of people I know?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

Is there any way to raise the self esteem of people I know?
>>
Figure out what they might be insecure about and compliment them on aspects that makes those insecurities less obvius.

Try to walk them slowly out of their esteem issues. Like if someone is shy, mostly they might talk better in small circles of people. So dont introduce shy ppl to groups of 10 and think they might deal with it, try to involve them in small talk groups so they can get out of themselfes.

Or if they are fat and dont want to go swimming, try going to places where less people are swimming so they can get comfortable and ease up.

It is not important whether people are watching, listening or whatever. They think ppl around them do, so try to deal with their problems by forcing them to face em but at a very slowly pace
>>
>>18544938
Everything this anon said except the first one, that's a bad idea because it's transparent and obvious
But the rest of these are fine
>>
>>18544938
What if I can't figure out why they have a low self esteem?
>>
Maybe by making a fool of yourself and showing them that it's okay.
>>
>>18544854

self esteem is just the belief that something you do is good. show them why its good.
>>
>>18545367
Worked when a friend did this for me. Now i try to be the fool in order to make others comfortable or at least have a laugh.
>>
Cocaine and alcohol works as a temporary, yet volatile solution :)
>>
>>18544854
are you a girl?
Fuck them.

Don't fuck your friends though. It ends in nothing but trouble.
>>
>>18545400
It'd work only if they're not too close of a friends. If they are it's a false hope and will result in very bad situation imo. But if OP is a random friend and just feels bad for duud, that might work.
>>
>>18545345
How do you know they have low self esteem. By looking at them? Are they intimitated by your presence?Probably its shyness, an introvert or some people just dont give a damn about todays society and hate everything what it represents. Take someone from /pol/, you wouldn't be able to talk to one of those normally because he has his mind made up and hates smalltalk about nu-male beta cuck meta shit. So there are no self esteem problems but rather disgust.

Not enough background info on what it might be..

Or you have a r9k whose social experience is based of his internet clique, so he is simply not used to being outside around ppl. So you either force him to go with you and he will -learn- if he wants to. If he doesn't... Well...
>>
>>18545545
The main person I'm thinking of is actually quite extroverted, they just make a lot of self deprecating jokes and for reasons I can't say, clearly have a lot of problems.
But I'm mainly takling about a general thing, like how could I improve the self esteem of those I'm around daily. (eg frequent compliments)
>>
>>18544938

Not OP, but I have the same issue. My girlfriend is insecure about the fact that she is an adult with acne, and she has tried a ton of stuff to get rid of it. Somewhat randomly she will suddenly slide into a deep pit about it, talking about how she barely ever sees people with skin as bad as her, and it will be nearly impossible to talk to her without her mumbling about how much she wants to die because people think she is disgusting (literally, as in doesn't wash her face), that she is going to scar and be unattractive, that this is happening in her 20s so it's ruining her youth etc.

She is just starting to try birth control now, which was kind of a last resort because it would make her feel sick when she was a teenager. After that she wants to try some medication with a high success rate that also makes you depressed.

I don't know what to do, it's impossible to stop her from feeling bad about it. All she has to do is see somebody with clearer skin and some confluence of factors will make it push her over the edge into despair. I just hope the birth control works, but the doctor said if it does it could still take up to three months for the acne to clear up.
>>
>>18545673
OP here, I know it's obviously not the same thing but that reminds me a lot of anorexia, taking a drug that can cause depression over acne sounds more like a symptom of something worse than the problem, seek therapy
>>
>>18545627
Some people like to make jokes about themselfes to show that thay have good humour, and this might be the case as long as the things he say aint to dark. I for myself cant imagine an extrovert with highly self esteem issues that are superficial so if those are jokes about his personality it might be some sort of depression. So you might talk about it in person with him. Like a deep conversation if you really think that he has issues and is in trouble. If you cant talk deep, tell someone who can. It might happen that if he really has something and you wont give him the feeling of undersanding he wont open up and call it, like it's nothing. It really depends on him, you and your relationship what ever it might be.

General: If you truly care. Like for real. Talk to them and find out what they are doing in their freetime. People with unusual hobbies tend to exclude themselfes because their hobbies might be too cringy or whatever. Or they may have other issues in their life that develop low self esteem and they can not handle very well. So find out about their hobbys and simply talk to them about that hobby. But try to find THEIR element. Try to find their opinions and maybe involve other people in the discussion. But dont let it look like: "jeez anon is so weird, he thinks___, chad, what do you think ..". Value their opinions like they are fragile but even then dont pity them to much like they are retards.
>>
>>18545711

This is a fear of mine. Im kind of confident the birth control will work because it seems like a hormonal thing. She has tried all kinds of routines to clean her face and none of those work, in pretty sure her skin is just trapping in oils it's producing or something. BC stops overproduction of oils, so it seems like a no brainer that will reduce acne.

But I'm afraid that it won't fix the problem. I guess we will see, but if her acne is fixed and she still falls into pits of despair about her appearance I'm unsure of what to do. Therapy is good advice I think, but we have actually talked about it before and she doesn't trust/like therapists. I think she had a shitty therapist a long time ago. She is afraid she is a narcissist, which seems funny because from what I've read narcissists are usually completely oblivious to their narcissism. I think it's more likely she is bipolar or something since she has mood swings
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.