[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Making friends/party with strangers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: awk.jpg (164KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
awk.jpg
164KB, 1920x1080px
I'm going to a chill small college party where I know one person really well but only know a few people as "friends" but in the more superficial "we're not acquaintances but I don't have your number or hang out with you specifically, you might invite me to a bigger birthday party" (I haven't kept up with them, they're friends from my dorm) way. The girl I'm close to will probably hang out with them when I'm there but I also haven't hung out with her in a while so we might catch up a bit. I do not know the host of the party, it's supposed to be a mixer of a few different wierd social circles in our city.

Of the 20 people going on Facebook I know 4, of the additional 30 "interested" I know 7.

I'm moving out of the state next summer to live with my boyfriend and I won't know anyone there so he says this is good practice to making friends out there and I agree.

How do I do this /adv/? How do I do small talk with strangers in a not weird way? How do you make new friends? I get very awkward and feel socially isolated when people all already know each other. I don't do much besides work right now so I'm worried I'll be weird and talk about only tv. I'm not autistic or anything I'm just socially anxious sometimes and this is a cool basement show type music crowd.
>>
>>18544795
bump this party is in six hours pls help
>>
>>18545291
Bump
>>
Just bee yourself :^)
>>
I'm not the best person to answer but you could try

- Asking your friends to introduce to people you might have stuff in common with
- Making non-intense small talk with people when they're alone and bored, like in line to get a drink
- If you find you share a hobby/interest with someone and really care, go deeper into it rather than letting that topic die. If you both play a sport and want to join their league or whatever it's not weird to ask someone to be your facebook friend on the spot. You can be ironic about it if that's more comfortable.
- If you're in a circle of people and haven't spoken in the last 5 minutes, either make an effort to talk or abort and go somewhere else
- Getting decently drunk but not too drunk
>>
>>18545886
I feel bad but I'm probably not gonna go. I'm too nervous and don't know anybody
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.