[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I stop seeing her?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1200.jpg (72KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1200.jpg
72KB, 1200x675px
Greetings /adv/
I broke up with my ex like, 7 months ago, she has a new boyfriend now, I dont mind that, The problem is, she does not feels happy about her life right now because of family problems, Depression, Pure O and low self-esteem; of course she goes to therapy for that reason,but add to that the fact her boyfriend has depression too - he cuts himself and other related stuff - The problem here is, am I being a bad influence? Her boyfriend feels jealousy because of me; her family teels her she shouldn't be talking to me, It looks I am causing troubles, and I dont know If I should tell her to stop contacting me in order to ease her problems at least a little, but I dont know if that would be worst for her metal health, she was and still my friend and Im worried if she is going to do something extreme. - Sorry for my broken english -
>>
Listen, shit only continues to suck worse. The human condition is struggling to meet an exponential demand of rising above the constantly-rising suck and maintaining a more sharply-increasing trajectory to prevent the suck from constantly happening in your life.

Let's break a few points here,

>He cuts

So he's a fucking idiot. Are you in high school? If you're in high school, 100%, bros before hoes. Just side with good, solid friends who stick by you when you're bein' a lil' bitch. Those are the people you need in your life, as forever as you can make them be there. Trust.

Are you not in high school? Why the fuck are you associating with people who cut? It's about as red a flag as I can give you without making obnoxious puns about red and blood; it shows a complete inability to cope with stress, difficulty or possibly novelty in life. It shows a tendency to reactions that will garner more burden, rather than absolving others of their burdens; it also tends to come with the unfortunate flair of needing attention all the fucking time because they're special little snowflakes. It's unhealthy behavior and it's childish to the extreme. At least take up a substance; alcohol's shitty for you in excess, but at least your body's not going to look like a failed Bob Ross art stunt.

>Will my action garner more desperate reactions?

Who the fuck cares? If they're going to leverage their life as blackmail to keep you around, you need to get the fuck outta dodge right now. That is the kind of person who will use dangers to herself to pull you further into her shit. You need to dip right the hell out.

If you mean turning to hard substances and stuff, I don't know what to tell you. It's the same sort of story-- if you're their replacement for a coping mechanism, that's not healthy nor sustainable for you. You'll end up dead and spent, and she'll still turn to *something* when you're good and gone (which is ultimately your concern). You need to think of Numero Uno here.
>>
>>18544095
Thanks for your time really, it gives me a lot of perspective. And I made a lot of thinking, but my friend, the girl; she never blackmailed me and she does not wants that, and I will tell you why. She was really scared to telling me about her condition, and that is not something she diagnosed herself, in 2016 she went to a psychiatrist to know about her sucidal toughs, and i have no idea of that, she was hiding it because she feared I would break up with her
she had those problems since she was a kid, because of the abuse of her family, verbal abuse.
She never asked me for something, never used her condition to win an argument, but what she did, was blaming herself, she wanted to get better, to be normal, thats all she wanted, and we are both adults, she a nurse and I am a lawyer; this is not some teen bullshit drama stuff, I have seen that before, and my concern is as a friend, because thats how me started, and she helped me to go through many hells, and Im doubt with her.
And again, thanks for your time, I wish it was just like you said, really simple, but If someone really cared about you as a human being and helped you to reach a lot of your goals, without asking a thing, how am I going to take the easy way and just forget about everything.
>>
>>18544128

So he's the issue here. Dangerous territory, because you're one bad word away from being 'That Ex Boyfriend.' You know the one-- shows up on the new boyfriend's birthday with flowers for the girl, or something. Not that that's you, just the example...

It sounds like he enables her misery, which might be an attractive prospect because truthfully, misery loves company. It's easy to be miserable when someone's miserable with you, or inviting or enabling of the attitude. I know that all too well.

But it's important to challenge people against their adversities and it sounds like that's you. I'm not sure how things went sour, but to 180 my point previously you should keep contact with her.

I would gently advise her somehow that she should always be looking to the positive and that if she ever needs anything, you're there.

On the other hand, dial back your active attempts to meet up with her. If she's meeting up with you, cool; if you're texting her first and meeting up as a result, or whatever else, maybe bring it down from every X to every Y, I don't know-- from four times a week to two or whatever, then to one.

What you're not doing here is pirating her time and allowing her family to justify calling you out as a shite influence.

What you are doing is being there as a positive influence still while minimizing the chances of you causing damage inadvertently.

I apologize for the brusque nature of the posts, I'm used to a lot more fight on /adv/, hah.
>>
>>18544161
I see, what you said makes sense, Im not trying to be a bad person with her, but sometimes I try to cheer her up. do little stuff, but not romantic.
so
>It sounds like he enables her misery, which might be an attractive prospect because truthfully, misery loves company. It's easy to be miserable when someone's miserable with you, or inviting or enabling of the attitude.
But, that could be dangerous later isnt? I am not trying to tell her to break up, but im just making sure she is confident about the path she is taking, Im kinda the voice of reason for her, so If Im having my doubts, that why I wanted advice from people who are more open minded about mental disorders.

And dont worry, Im used to those kind of interactions, the key is being calm and trying to know why is the other person acting that way. You did a lot for me tonight, and Im really glad, also, I know she feels something for me, and I still do a little for her, - of course im not obsses with that idea, im still able to live my life as normal as possible - but, I try to focus for what is important, my family, myself and the people close to me.
>>
Get out of her life, maybe if you're honest you will see you're the bad influence in her life
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.