[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I'm a very calm guy, but when I get home I've been feeling very angry over the past couple weeks. My parents are great, but my mom has a short temper and she often starts yelling when she doesn't have to.

I rarely burst and with this anger that I've been feeling more and more of, I end up bottling it up and trying to fold a way to deal with it healthily, but whenever she unnecessarily yells the anger comes back even when I'm happy and I end up silent and my tensed face probably shows signs of irritation.

Obviously I need to move out. After I find a job and save some money I'm going to move out as soon as possible and be independent, but in general how do I deal with anger healthily? I've only bursted a few times, once when my dad was pushing my buttons in a controlled and polite manner and stopped shortly after he got the idea and I feel that that worked, but my mom just yells back.
>>
Start a journal. It really helped me out when I was dealing with the same thing. It really lets you say what you wanna say without hurting others.
>>
Buy gym membership. Buy punching gloves. When angry, kill punching bag.
If ya don't wanna buy a gym membership and punching gloves, just punch those easily replaceable doors.
> angry at game
> punch door
> hole in door
> been here for months now>
>>
>>18543982
Pretty much this. I live by the woods so when I feel the anger building up I just grab a baseball bat and find a nice stump and smash the shit out of it.

I call it my therapy bat and it is dented from a tree.
>>
>>18543723

Get a job. Don't move out ASAP... Move out when you have 6-12 months living expenses saved, that means you have to learn how to not spend money before you move out... and ideally you need a side income to develop too, or a second bullshit job on standby for the time you get fired with 2 weeks notice because the company is taking your $15 an hour job and sending it to workers over the road or in the next town for $13 an hour of which $3 an hour goes to an agency. Then you end up applying for the same job for $10 an hour with an extra 30 minute commute each way.

Anger... Why are you making your mother angry and by that I mean what sets her off. Do you not do your dishes and she loses her shit... Or does she just walk into the house screaming about how shit her day was.
>>
>>18544043
The advice about saving money before moving out is good. I'll do that.

Literally anything sets my mom off. She just can't convey her grievances calmly. When it's reasonable to yell (e.g. I'm not coming for dinner) I don't mind because I'm in the wrong, but when she just starts shouting for no good reason that pisses me off. I just wish that she'd speak calmly instead of yelling and bothering everyone at the littlest things.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.