[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BUTT HURT FORMER BOSS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: butthurt.jpg (26KB, 552x377px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt.jpg
26KB, 552x377px
I got sued for a review posted on glassdoor & an OSHA complaint. I removed the review after he threatened to sue me & my family. I thought this isn’t worth having my modest check reduced to min wage & bring a lawsuit down on my family. The judge ruled in favor of this man & accepted my counterclaim for the modest check that he refused to send me. I owe him more than the amount of my check. She said the statement “the owner nor the company is licensed in any trade” implies that he doesn’t have a business license. His business license was never a concern. I was worried about the steep hill employees had to scale just to use the bathroom, the fact that he works on hot water heaters, septic tanks, & mold remediation without the proper licenses/ certifications. When I offered letters from State board & the IICRC she dismissed it & said that it wouldn’t prove anything because a letter is not a witness. I was so confused & very disappointed in the judge’s decision. After all, I had proof that I didn’t damage his already not so great reputation & proof that he/ his company was not licensed/certified. I’m afraid I’m going to have to pay this man or appeal & risk losing more money trying to defend myself. I didn’t have the money to hand over to him right after the hearing so he threatened me again outside the courtroom & told that “I would see what he could do”. I think potential employees need to know what they are getting themselves into by working to this unlicensed, uncertified, unethical & immoral man/company. He’s using the judicial system to profit off $11/hr employees (former) & succeeding in silencing everyone who attempts to inform the public that he’s in fact not licensed/certified. State board can only look into this so much but there is little they can do if they don’t actually catch him in the act of performing services he’s not licensed to perform. Should I appeal, hope for the best & pray I get a better judge?
>>
Do you have a lawyer? Because this whole thing screams 'I'm defending myself and I have no idea what I'm doing or how the legal system works'
>>
>>18543225
I've emailed/called a few and I'm waiting to hear back from them. This just happened. The ones that I have spoken to don't even want to take my case because it wouldn't be enough money in it since it's not a corporation that's suing me.
>>
>>18543239
If it just happened, how has a judge already ruled in his favour...? You're not very coherent and I actually have very little idea of what's actually happened.
>>
File: IMG_8890.jpg (113KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8890.jpg
113KB, 1024x683px
I got served, went to mediation, nothing got resolved, had a hearing. Plaintiff presented his case/evidence. I was asked about my counter claim and to explain why I believed that my statement was factual. When I offered the judge my evidence she dismissed it before see even looked at it. She issued a judgement for the plaintiff for the amount he asked for and a judgement for me for the amount of my check. I still owe him money for a review (that was removed in march). Sorry you're not understanding what actually happened and to be quite honest I don't either. I had read all about mediations/hearings and thought that I would get to present my case along with evidence and that was not what happened. It is my understanding that libel is a written statement that is false and harmful. How is it false when I have verified through the State board and found that "he nor his company has a license in any trade" false? Had I meant for it to look like he didn't have a business license I would have said "he doesn't have a business license" and that's it what was said.
>>
>>18543447
You went in front of a judge without legal counsel. They are basically trained to see this as you wasting their time, ofc she ignored you.
>>
>>18543628

>no one takes the case
>has to defend own case by default
>therefore, legal bodies see it as waste of time

I'm assuming that OP is in America. I can't offer advice because logic and reason seem to have little place there.

If OP is not, it sounds a lot like we're missing a piece of the story.
>>
Was I suppose to have an attorney for small claims? The plaintiff didn't have an attorney and he's the one that filed the claim and wasting everyone's time. Trust me it was as much a waste of my time as it was hers. Why would I be the one that she ignores? The plaintiff rambled and yelled for 2 hours repeating the same things. It was a complete circus.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.