[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel trapped, what do?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1457193641682.png (187KB, 496x359px) Image search: [Google]
1457193641682.png
187KB, 496x359px
24/M here, pretty much a neet outside of college. Fell for the college meme, parents constantly made me feel like an idiot for wanting to try anything else (trade school, military, full-time work). Had undiagnosed OCD, so it pretty much consumed most of my free time up until now.

Finally put my foot down and told them I was going to take a break from college and actually make an income working. Constant shouting and insults from my family, as if finishing a useless Bachelors in History should take any kind of priority over me becoming financially independent and moving out. Its been three months, and still no job. Now I feel like an even bigger idiot whenever my parents bring up college.

Even if I do eventually land some crappy, minimum wage job; it wont be enough to move out. Even if I do finish my last two semesters, I'm going to be stuck in the exact same place; only difference being I'd now have a useless piece of paper that says I'm good at remembering historical trivia.

My only goal right now is to move out. Home life is incredibly depressing. Both parents have mental issues they refuse to deal with. They're incredibly controlling, verbally abusive, and are essentially enabling my neetdom because they don't want me to leave the house. I'm caught in their downward spiral and I need to get out. My sis escaped through her boyfriend and cut off all contact (good for her), I only wish I had a similar way out.

What can I do to move out? I'm desperate and couldn't give a shit about living comfortably; I just need to get the fuck out of dodge.
>>
>>18542183
Holy fuck! Are you me? Im finishing a ba in history and my parents act like that's the only sensible route, too. Ive just decided to suck it up and finish. I may take addy so that i can work enough for it to matter WHILE i take my senior classes. The one thing that seems likely to make this particularly difficult is the fact i dont have a car and my home and college arent in metropolitan areas.
>>
>>18542210
> I may take addy so that i can work enough for it to matter WHILE i take my senior classes.
>The one thing that seems likely to make this particularly difficult is the fact i dont have a car
Op here, I think you are me. Scary. Got off of adderall, despite it helping me with my grades, because it made me a sleepless wreck and exacerbated my symptoms. No car and no way of paying for insurance.

Are you a fellow bus cuck by any chance?

What are you looking to do with your degree?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.