[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

so long story short, roomate and life long friend fucked me out of some money. the entire egreement was verbal and its for 1000$. got into it and i need to know if im fucked or if what little paper trail i have of said agreement is worth a civil suit or not. and by paper trail, all i have is a withdraw slip and a transaction list.
>>
It really sounds like you're fucked, but you gave basically no context at all, so it's hard to say for sure
>>
>>18541929
i think you aren't seeing that money again. Depends on where you live a civic suit may not cost anything if it doesn't go long enough, so you can use that to scare your buddy, but don't think you will see the money if he's not willing to give it back.
Learn from the experience
>>
>>18541967
its a complicated agreement, trying to keep it short and simple.
>>
>>18541929
Did anyone else see or know you made this deal?
>>
You're not seeing that money again unless you want to risk going to jail by blackmailing him or beating him up
>>
>>18541982
could i file a police report saying hes withholding money from me or "stole" it?
>>
>>18542006
his whole family basically. and a bunch of people knew were he got the money from to buy the car with.
>>
>>18542014
Slash the tires break the windows and pour sugar into the tank
>>
>>18542025
wouldnt i go to jail lol.
>>
>>18542014
And what were the terms of him repaying you?
>>
>>18541929
doesnt the statue of frauds say all contracts over $500 must be in writing
took biz law 101 like 2 years ago pretty sure thats a thing
>>
>>18542055
For things like the sale of goods but not loans apparently.
>>
>>18542044
another long story short, it was service (as in i have a money problem and when i would need help with something such as car trouble he would fix it for free. hes good with cars and handy work) for money and if it didn't workout he would pay me anyway without question. his words.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.