[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I kinda want to try music producing but I have absolute zero

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 56bf55b1a9815.png (70KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
56bf55b1a9815.png
70KB, 375x500px
I kinda want to try music producing but I have absolute zero in my pocket. So is pirating fl studio worth it? If not then is there a free DAW as good as fl studio? If yes then how to pirate it? I already try lmms and it kinda hard to use and lmms can't do what fl studio can.
>>
>>18541914
LMMS is superior to fruit loops. If you think fruit loops is going to be anything different you're mistaken. If you couldn't put in the effort to learn LMMS you're not going to be able to put in the effort to learn music theory or fruit loops or any of the other things involved in music production.
>>
>>18541926
Really wew never knew that. I mean it's kinda hard to chop samples and using another vst without using those vestige. And a lot of people I watched all of them either use ableton or fl studio. I watch them use it and I see it look pretty easy and powerful too.
>>
>>18541926
And again I said I have absolute zero the only thing that I have is a shitty laptop and a wifi connection. I got no midi no mouse no keyboard. Or should I just give up?
>>
>>18541926
as for instrument i never play anything other than a guitar but im by no means pro at it.
>>
>>18541956
>>18542023

You do not need fancy equipment to produce. Tons of amazing albums were made on shitty equipment. Pirate FL studo, ableton, whatever and learn it inside and out.

Learn how to optimize your workflow so that your computer doesnt stutter/crash from the load on the CPU. Learn how to do more with less.

Production is far from easy, and the learning curve can be steep, but you don't have to be rich to get into it.

iirc, Mista Thug Isolation by Lil Ugly Mane was made on a shitty old tower PC running like windows 98 or something.
>>
>>18542041
oh thanks dude by that do you mean just pirate fl studio or stick with lmms?
>>
the concepts are more important than the software if you are independant.

if you are going to work for or work with someone, then the software is only important because you need to have common working tools with your collaborator.
>>
Cubase, not Logic, not ableton live, not protools as alternative to Cubase I suggest Reason
>>
REAPER is fucking gold, but producing with it might take you some time, contrary to FL or other DJ-oriented programs
>>
>>18542041
>Learn how to optimize your workflow so that your computer doesnt stutter/crash from the load on the CPU. Learn how to do more with less.
this
>>
>>18541914
Fuck both
Pirate Ableton

Also let me let you in on an industry secret. None of the companies that make DAWs expect Joey Normal to shell out to buy their shit.

They want you to pay once you're actually putting out shit for money, really. Once you can actually afford it.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.