[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

AMD vs Intel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: AMD-vs-Intel-600x412.png (252KB, 600x412px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-vs-Intel-600x412.png
252KB, 600x412px
Never built a computer before but I'm about to give it a shot. I've looked at a lot of different processors and their prices, but can't decide whether Intel or amd is the way to go. Keeping in mind I've never built a computer before, what do you recommend?
>>
Also, just PC building advice in general. All I know is what I've seen on wikihow, and a few youtube videos so anything helps.
>>
>>18541835
Ryzen is better than anything Shintel has to offer. But you'll go for Shintel because everyone else does it too.
>>
Go to /g/ and ask on the pc building general. Depends on what you are going to use it for. Intel is good all around, for gaming I'd recommend a Ryzen.
>>
>>18541842
I was actually leaning towards AMD. Is it true that you really wouldn't need to buy a graphics card with an AMD processor?
>>
>>18541847
That'll be my next stop
>>
>>18541851
that's definitely not true. whitout a graphics card, you can't do anything
>>
>>18541900
Thank you, I read it right off Google and I figured it was either bullshit or I was just misreading it, probably the latter. It said something about an APU having integrated graphics or something
>>
I'd always go intel because better quality
but the new Ryzen looks pretty promising
Or you wait till the Coffee Lake series CPU's come out and bask in the 6 core goodness
>>
>>18541909
All integrated graphics aren't that great. However AMD's are a notch above Intel's. If anything you could use the integrated graphics for a bit until you buy a gpu. Prices have been going up and up for gpus because of miners, so it might be a good idea to wait a bit.
>>
>>18541909
also like other anon >>18541909 says you should wait a bit for the prices of gpu's to come down. I recommend a youtuber called Cultofmush, he has good videos on the subject and pc's in general
>>
>>18541950
sorry i meant >>18541920
>>
You are asking the wrong questions. What is important is the use of the machine. Price determines suitability not maker. If you want an average machine, buy a mid range Dell and be done with it. If you want to play games, you need some sort of graphics card. If you want something without NSA backdoor you need a vintage machine, so old that you would not know what to do with it. If you want a cheap and powerful machine buy a used old xeon that eats a shit ton of electricity.
If you really want to build the fucker yourself, pick processor first then motherboard then psu and case. Everything else see motherboards specs.
>>
>>18541835
Here.
http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Buy 1070 nvidia (or if poor 1060) and 1600 ryzen. Everything else is easy to decide to do. Dont fall for meme
>the more expensive the better
Atm intel is overpriced garbage. Ryzen beats it in like 90% tasks you can do with your pc.

Anyway on
>>>/g/ is always desktop building thread. If you dont know what you are doing, consider shopping somewhere where they will build it for you + test it for functionality for small fee.
>>
Look at the new Ryzen stuff or just get an i7
>>
>>18541851
If you get an APU you don't really have to but it's always good to have.
>>
>>18541835
I prefer AMD as it's significantly cheaper for maybe 10% less processing power, and most of my AMD-CPU'd rigs last longer than my intel ones. I prefer Nvidia GPUs for gaming though, because they seem to have less problems?

That's entirely anecdotal though.
>>
>>18542514
You should not be brand biased when it comes to PC components, sure the unheard chunk brands will most likely come with something funny, but saying something like "this ssd is better because it was built by X and not Y" Is a great mistake many people make.

My suggestion is that you leave APUs out of the table for the moment until AMD introduce their new line up of ryzen based apus, as they are not even as powerful as a their old FX series. Even some new Pentiums are more powerful and expensive as their APUs counter part and GPUs nowadays aren't that expensive (if you don't include the fact that the GPU market is totally destroyed for the moment as most of the top of the line stuff is totally sold out)
>>
>>18541835
Probably AMD if only for the reason that installing a PGA processor is way less scary than an LGA for a beginner.

Performance wise, not all processors are necessarily created equal... but pretty much any current gen processor in the 200-300$ range will be able to do anything you want. Unless you're doing balls to the wall 4k gaming or content creation it doesn't make a huge difference and you probably won't care.

Also, don't buy a graphics card yet. You're going to have to weather the shortage before prices become reasonable. You MIGHT be able to snag a used one in decent condition in the mean time, though.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.