[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone have existential crisis?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

I'm 22 and I feel old as fuck when I see these 18 yrs old kids, I wish I could be young again.
>>
Are you fucking kidding me bro? 22? You're life is just starting. Hell you could fuck up your entire 20's and start all over again at 30.
>>
>>18541061
Not Op, but I needed to read this, thx m8
>>
>>18541041
Same here, I'm 24 and feel old as fuck. Being 30 is closer than being 18 right now. Everything left is to get a job and fucking die.

Why does time have to pass? Fuck me
>>
Am I the only one who thinks that life is fucking great at 22?

Studying, working, fucking fertile qts, etc.
>>
Stop it.
I've been through it. And it will get worse as you age. The best thing to do is to accept it and not think about it. Because one day you'll miss when you were the age you currently are. Embrace the moment, don't look back.
>>
>>18541376
I'm 24 and as much as I don't like this mentality, it's true - girls will start to noticeably age around 22. Like, they are still young, but some of the... Youthful aspects decline quickly. Skin isn't as smooth, put on weight, tits aren't as perky... Shit happens surprisingly quickly.
>>
I'm 22, and I don't have any issues.

Still going to school, still working the same dumb job, still in great shape. Have a shortstack gf who is 5 feet tall with 36 DDD tits and 115 lbs.

life is okay m8.

at least for now
>>
>>18541387
This is beyond delusional. Next you guys will start saying girls after 18 are already past their prime, lol.
>>
>>18541439
Sounds like you're delusional. I've been sleeping with girls my age for nearly a decade. I've noticed the decline. Deal with it.
>>
File: image.png (46KB, 200x324px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
46KB, 200x324px
>>18541439
They're past their prime
>>
>>18541439
Womyn detected
>>
>>18541061
I'm 22 and I think like this but still I feel like time is running fast and I'm going to be in the same place. I need to put my shit together
>>
>>18541442
I can bet you whatever you want if i showed you a 19 year old and a 25 year old girl nude you wouldn't notice shit.
>>
>>18541487
Then get your shit together and move forward.
>>
I grew up as a British citizen living in a place called Singapore. Halfway through 2013, when I was 17 years old, I made a rapid decision to leave the country and return back to the U.K. to study and start a new life. For the first 2 years being here, I never thought about how much I lost when I made that sudden decision to leave my entire old life and childhood behind.

As I came back to Singapore this year as a visit to see my parents (who still work in SG), I could not help but feel that time hadn't really passed since I left the country so many years ago. Stepping back into the condo where I grew up, it felt as though I was living at 16/17 again, time hadn't moved and it brought out a fresh wave of emotions, seeing how some neighbors and friends had moved on as well, and how the old gang of friends I had were now disbanded and doing their own thing. In the 4 weeks I was there, I did everything in my power to live out the old life I had when I was younger; I went to all the places that meant things to me. I had friends over, we laughed, we talked, we cried, we reminisced about what we had and how sheltered our environment was growing up. I don't know about you, but every time I go back there, I still see a younger me, carefree and waiting for the next thing in life ;)
>>
>>18541061
>start all over again at 30.

No you can't. You can't start from naivety from age 30.
>>
I felt how you did at 22, OP. I had to make some life changes and embrace what I could in the moment. I realized "shit, if I feel this way at 22, what am I going to feel like at 30 if all I've done is look in the rear view mirror and complain I never did anything?"

So I quit my job. I partied. I traveled. I improved my career. I had sex with random women. I did amazing shit. Now at 30 I'm working from home on a Friday, making six figures, I just got back from Hawaii three weeks ago, and I'm going to the UK in two months. The world is going to continue to bring amazing shit as long as I keep looking to find it.
>>
Lol that never stops. I fucking wish I knew how easy it was to get your shit together at 22.

For what it's worth, that was my first existential crisis, and I did change my whole life for the better. Still a lot to do, but at least I now have hard evidence that "feeling too old" is a fallacy.

Did you know that medically, you're a young adult until you're 40?
>>
>>18541527
You can, its all about mental state.

Your life is only really over by the time you're into mid 50s.

At 30, you're still good looking.
>>
Dude I think the same thing all the time. It's so hard for me to identify and communicate with most of these other 18-20ish year old kids because half of them that I meet have never met with severe struggle like I have.

Granted, yeah I'm assuming a lot, but I've seen my closest family members die right in front of my eyes, I've lost my house, I've seen my dad lose two different apartments and three great jobs because of his alcoholism, I've been beaten and abused most of my youth until I decided to walk away and start over, I've been homeless twice.

Then whenever I happen to find the time to either take a college course or two, or go to a party with people around my age, most of them are from solid middle class backgrounds. They've had their own fair share of struggle in their own families and their own lives, but those kinds of struggles have just never compared to how much shit I've seen gone wrong. It changes you, you know? You don't look at life, or at people the same way after all of that. You feel like it added some years in a way.

I'm over here busting my ass 50-60 hours a week trying to survive while Steve over here is talking about how he just graduated art school with his liberal arts degree and got honors.

If my family weren't a bunch of deranged morons and I had the privelege to go, I'd have gone to art school and finished my degree in engineering too.

But what are you gonna do. That's life sometimes. Some people just happen to get the short end of the stick sometimes. It's what you do with the hand you were dealt that matters in the end.
>>
>>18541376
>studying, working
what's so fucking great about this?
>>
why do normalfags call any kind of crisis an existential crisis?
>>
>>18541439
That's not delusional at all, it's reality. By the time they're in their mid 20's they're nowhere near as attractive as they once were.
>>
>>18541664
Normalfags are emotional and thus to robots, they're "exaggerating" their emotional responses from the perspective of a robot.

But again, its relative. In real world, its not that they're exaggerating, but rather robots aren't emotional. Simple because normalfags outnumber the robots and the median/average are normalfag emotional responses.
>>
>>18541724
It's a response to introspection, not emotion. Usually follows the age where you begin to realize not only are you not always right, you're almost always wrong.

Basically, if you never experience any sort of "who am I" struggle, you must be a person if considerably little depth.
>>
>>18541439
2/10 because you got idiots to reply
>>
>>18541041
You feel old and you wish to be younger. But it doesnt even matter. Those are your alternatives: deal with it or off yourself.
>>
>>18541041

>Anyone have existential crisis?

That isn't really an existential crisis, its just growing pains. The slow realization that you aren't a kid anymore is going to be a bit uncomfortable for the next few years. Personally, I eventually became so far removed from teenagers as far as maturity and life experience goes that I found their lives and mannerisms far more undesirable than I did when I was 22. One day I just looked at teenagers crossing their street in their brightly colored clothes and loud, obnoxious social norms and awkward combination of sexual tension and confusion and I was very glad I wasn't that age anymore.

I found that I really loved having my own house and living my own life and being able to afford adult luxuries. Sure, there are a lot of benefits to just being young and not having any responsibilities but you'll get over that initial panic. Older age kind of demands that you do.
>>
It's weird for me. Like, I know what need to do, but it isn't what I want to do? Does that makes sense? I'm just afraid to make moves/start something new because I'm afraid of failure. That sounds arrogant, but I'm not some prodigy or anything. It's just that, my whole life I was always average or below that when it came/comes to anything I do.

There are times where I see people with nice things and I wish I had that, but then that thought immediately gets replaced with a feeling of, "I don't really care". I just know what to call it.

I also have thoughts of, "that looks like something I could do" and that's it, I'm happy with just the thought that I can do it. I dunno man I'm fucking crazy.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.