[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dilemma

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 2
Thread images: 1

File: 1412851971913.jpg (45KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1412851971913.jpg
45KB, 645x773px
Hi /adv/,

I'm a recent graduate and managed to land a job straight out of uni. It was contract job, which was projected to go on for about 6-12 months, but due to funding issues managed to run only 2 months.

Right now, I am offered a position at the same company however, in a different city, quite far away. The pay is quite shit but possible to live on reasonably comfortably, and the job would look great on the resume.

Obviously, it would cost me quite a lot of money to move out, as right now I'm living with parents, so I dont have to pay rent (not to mention put down a deposit for a place, etc).

I have applied for other jobs over last 2 weeks or so, but nobody has gotten back to me yet, and I'm scared I will not get any offers. I also have an option to study a masters in October, but Im not sure if I will have enough money to live off, so I dont know if I will end up doing it.

To make things worse, I have recently broken up with my girlfriend, and she was offered to work exactly at the same place where I was also offered a job. Obviously seeing her every day would be pretty shit for me, as I still have feelings for her (love but also anger I guess).

wat do?

tl;dr: gonna be out of job by end of the month, have an offer in a different city but ex-gf will also work there and moving to a different city will be a financial pain in the ass for a month or so. Take the job and possibly have an emotional/financial breakdown or risk guaranteed income and experience and keep looking.
>>
>>18539408
I graduated with a ~3.5 GPA with a STEM degree and it took me 8 months to get a job that payed $1000/month for the first 5 months

Take it if you like the idea of having a relevant job to your degree without having to apply everywhere for over a half year
Thread posts: 2
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.