[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best way to regain my mental and physical health

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1469718099771.jpg (133KB, 800x430px) Image search: [Google]
1469718099771.jpg
133KB, 800x430px
Heyo /adv/, let's cut to the chase, I've been wondering what would be the most effective and successful way to do the following:

>Quit smoking
>Lose weight and get fit (I've already lost around 12 pounds, I'm currently 240)
>Surpass/numb the effects of mild depression and social anxiety
>Get my driving permit
>Get a job

So, I was wondering which of these I should aim to do first, or if I should do a combination of some sort or just tackle it all at once. I think I'm going to get a job after I've focused on and tackled most of my issues (I'm currently on UI/EI, so I'm still making a bit of cash for now).
>>
>>Lose weight and get fit (I've already lost around 12 pounds, I'm currently 240)

Just keep doing what you're doing then, it obviously works
>>
You should do these two together:
>Quit smoking
>Driving permit

As you quit smoking you'll get healthier, and if you can drive it'll be the door for new job & social opportunities.

Then you
>Lose weight & /fit/
>Surpass dep & anx

As you work out it'll give you the confidence for socializing and overcoming your internal issues.

Then, the final goal - A job. Money. Something that will require you to socialize, a driving permit, probably to quit smoking, and to look presentable (hence losing weight).

Godspeed.
>>
>>18539124
Hmm, I suppose I could just continue to diet, I'm not exercising all too much as of yet, just trying to take baby steps to get me back on track and start somewhere.

>>18539129
I was honestly thinking of quitting smoking second last (I agree with the job part being last), but I completely understand why it should be the first thing out the door. I was thinking about dieting while quitting smoking, I have quit before for 2 months and I'm not sure if I'm quite ready to diet and quit in conjunction.
I suppose getting the ball rolling is the main goal to fixing myself up... Hmm, yeah, I'll do what you've suggested but I will study for my driving permit and do the test before I quit smoking, and then as I quit I will attempt to continue my diet like fellow anon above said (and if I only maintain my weight, it's not the end of the world, as long as I beat this disgusting, money draining addiction).

As I'm sitting here now I realize I have a plethora of ways with dealing with this, of course some courses of action are better, but I suppose as long as I reach my goal I reach my goal. The only problem is that I somewhat doubt my willpower, I know I have it inside of me, but I'm not overly pessimistic or optimistic about this.
>>
>>18538932
>>18538932
What's the easiest way?

>smoking
start buying loosies and congratulate yourself for cutting back majorly even if its not cold turkey. Try to get your homies to cut back or just hang around with people who disapprove of smoking.

>lose a lot of weight
eat a bunch of small meals instead of a few big ones. go on a treadmill and for a nice walk everyday day. start eating only real food except for a tiny snack - cut eating bullshit out.

>get less depressed and numb
find something rewarding to do, like a gf or a videogame or riding your bike or a decent job or...also start grooming and dressing better, because you deserve good treatment
>society anxiety
This is like agoraphobia. People give it to themselves by being avoidant, so nut up. There's people getting mugged and probably with bullets wizzing past them, and you're afraid of getting negged or something.
>get my driving permit
easiest way to do this if youre smart is to just read the book several times over the course of a few days right before going ti take the test. Don't be afraid of guessing questions or needing to retake.
>get a job
speak to hiring managers like owners and human resources people. go right to the source and be well dressed and awake and polite.

>order?
-first off just stop acting scared socially and after you don't burst into flames the fear will subside
-start dieting in the way I said
-start walking and doing cardio (planet fitness is $10 a month)
-a few applications a day, several times a week
-permit
>>
>>18539580
Thanks for the advice anon.
Luckily, I still have a lot of information saved/bookmarked on dieting, exercising etc. and I still remember quite a bit, but I most certainly need a refresher on the topic. Kind of interesting that you would throw in getting my permit lastly, but I guess it's a fault of my own for not saying that I live in a rural area (a vehicle is a necessity). But, it's not something I need right away, so I guess I could put it on hold or chip away at it slowly. Also, I agree with the social anxiety part, it is quite a retarded illness, and it has become rather tame in the past few years, but I'm still going to work on it nonetheless. Also, when it comes to smoking, I'm not sure if I want to cut back or just quit outright, still conflicted, but in the meantime it wouldn't hurt to cut back. But I 100% agree with you that I should distance myself from my friends that smoke, as I smoke a loooot more around them.

I think it's quite unanimous from what you have all said and in general what I believe myself, that becoming healthier will increase my confidence and open up many doors that I've considered to be closed. When I was younger I put my small problems aside to deal with later, and I guess it's biting me in the ass now. I think I'll try to keep myself happy and optimistic, relaxed and maybe listen to some corny speeches on YouTube (best one is obviously Sam Hyde's paradigm shift, hits me in the feels evertieem).

Thank you anons for the help, it means a lot to me right now.
>>
>>18538932
Well, you will not be able to get fit when you smoke, so kick that addiction first. I know quite a few people who have just put them down and never smoked again, or you could take the route of taking nicotine patches, either works but if you don't feel like you have enough willpower to do that then just go with the patches.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.