[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do I not get fired

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1497323314042.jpg (841KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1497323314042.jpg
841KB, 1536x2048px
i just started a lucrative tech job and ive been working 12 hour days

i think i got burned out and i overslept and missed all my alarms. im so fucked

what physical injury would be most believable and excusable? right now im thinking about shooting myself in the foot. other options are getting my friend to whopo my ass. but i need to also have a good excuse as to why the injury happened

plz help thanks
>>
Don't do that. Say your dad died or something
>>
>>18538804
it's too late anon. this is the kind of job that will want the death certificate. and i dont want to keep up that kind of lie. I need to be like seriously ufcking injured
>>
>>18538765
It is called diarrhoea. Call them, tell them you got food poisoining and then maybe go to doctor to get paper with it.

Dont overthink problems. For them it is more trouble to fire you and find new man for the job then to tolerate some minor fuckups.

Also you cant nor should work 12 hours per day without pauses. In my country you can do 2x12 hours shifts and then you have to not work for 1 whole day minimum.

I bet they dont even pay you for overtime.
>>
>>18538765
back up a little bit
so you are late ONCE?
but you work hard everyday up until now?
why not tell them that you're exhausted and overslept? if they value you they would reconsider their schedule
>>
>>18538836
>>18538838
It's my second week at a hyper comeptitive tech company in silicon valley. they don't give a fuck trust me

I'm gonna break my foot with a large object and say i broke it at the gym. yay nay?
>>
>>18538851
dont injure yourself lol
imagine you have a broken foot and without a job
>>
>>18538851
>sillicon valley
They dont give a fuck if you manage to meet deadlines.

Hurting yourself is beyong stupid. NAY
>>
>>18538859
True but at least I tried. If I lose this job I'll probably just have to go live with my mom anyways, so the foot won't really matter.

>>18538860
huh? I dont understand
>>
>>18538868
http://www.ldoceonline.com/dictionary/meet-a-deadline

If you manage to finish whatever job you do in time, your boss wont care if you sometimes will came late to work.

And stop working so much, it is stupid.
>>
>>18538765
Just say you got food poisoning or something and say you'll work from home?
>>
Drop a weight on your foot. Hurt yourself enough to limp. Then say "Yesterday I couldn't even walk"
>>
>>18538838
This is so cute anon, I wish more bosses and organizations had your mindset.
>>
Just say you're sick
They can ask with what, but you're not required to give any details. If they push back, sue them.
>>
>>18538765
You'll be fine - relax - if it was me I'd have gone in and apologized profusely for over sleeping.
>>
>>18538851
You sound like a new grad with absolutely no confidence in themselves.

This is the fucking valley. You owe them nothing. You're burning out and you think it's worth staying with that company? Christ.

If you're even remotely competent as an engineer, you could just quit and go anywhere else in this place.
>>
>>18538851
Either you try to sell a complicated story about how you broke your foot and get tons of follow-up questions or you just say you were sick/got food poisoning and people will be like "Ok, I see".
>>
>>18539230
I am a new grad with no confidence in myself. I spent months trying to find a job. I don't see myself getting another one easily. Im a pretty big sperg.

I smashed a huge rck on it and thought I broke it. Foot swelled pretty bad. Just got outof hospital but didn't break anything. At least I got paper work

Definitely limping too
>>
Say that one of your friends was feeling "depressed" and reached out to your for "help" and you thought he was in danger.

That should be enough, no questions asked.
>>
>>18539464
Bro I already sent the email a while ago.

Didn't get a response so I'm probably fired. Definitely just gonna off myself or something
>>
>>18538851
Your job is wood-chipping your mental health. Honestly, even a job as a human guinea pig is better than this: ask yourself the following question...

Is the happiness from having the extra money from this job greater than the unhappiness earning it?

Companies have a huge number of ways to convince employees to ignore their own good and to maximise the good of the company. Dont fall for it. You have a job for your own good... you dont care about theirs.
>>
>>18539230
as an engineer not in the valley it seems like people in the valley are so desperate to chase prestige and big salary numbers that they are willing to compromise everything
i don't know if that speaks to their competence but it definitely indicates how colossally beta they are
>>
>>18539523
I'm currently living out of my car. This job was my way out
>>
>>18539436
This cant be real. Are there really this dumb people? It is hard to belive that somebody who has enough brain cells and dedication to get a degree can still be so retarded in such way.

>>18539522
You know what? Yeah, jump off from tall building. Use the your company's building.

You probably arent normal anyway.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.