[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Giving up

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1469903224912.jpg (16KB, 280x274px) Image search: [Google]
1469903224912.jpg
16KB, 280x274px
At what point do you stop caring about not having sex, relationships and all that?
When does "giving up" really become giving up instead of pretending to have given up while still feeling bitter?
>>
>>18538312
somewhere around 30s
>>
>>18538314
How do I accelerate the process
>>
>>18538316
SSRI antidepressants will do the charm. They kill your libido. I don't even have the need to jerk off anymore.
>>
>>18538320
Don't they fuck your brain up? I need my brain if I want to get into a decent grad school.
>>
>>18538323
I'm in med school and have been taking them for two years, brain works just fine
>>
>>18538312
All you need to do is to realise that sex and relationships are not for you and never will be. It's like wanting a porsche or something even more impossible. It's just not for you. You have to embrace that and remember this simple fact every day: these things are way beyond your reach. You won't get them so you can just as well get used to the thought and with time it will become so implemented in your brain that you won't even think about these things, just like poorfags don't think about luxuries.
>>
>>18538330
Good to know. How about the emotional aspect? Do they just make you numb to your sexual and companionship needs?
Do they have downsides at all?
>>
>>18538332
I've tried thinking like that, it doesn't work for me. I still feel envious and frustrated that I'm missing out despite knowing that it's not for me.
When it comes to other aspects of my life, like my education and career, I have a relatively high amount of ambition and high expectations for myself, too.
>>
>>18538332
>>18538342
Also I think there's the "natural" aspect of those things that is preventing me from letting go.
Sex, love, relationships and all that shit comes naturally to most people and is a normal part of their healthy lives. It's not the same thing as material wealth.
>>
>>18538333
>Do they just make you numb to your sexual and companionship needs?
Not completely numb, I still get a crush here and there, but I don't spend whole days thinking "waaah, I'll never have a gf to bang" like I used to.
>Do they have downsides at all?
The first one I tried made me super sleepy all the time so I asked for a different one, now it's fine.
>>
>>18538357
I'll definitely look into those then, thank you.
From what I can gather the side effects don't seem too bad. Nothing as life-changing as benzos at least, I can deal with erectile dysfunction and fidgeting just fine.
>>
>>18538320
This. I had a low sex drive already due to other disorders, but these really killed it.hg
>>
For me it didn't work until I had it. Thought I wanted a girlfriend really bad, once I got her, realized it sucked.

Happily single for three years next week.
>>
>>18538407
>the only way to stop feeling tfw no gf is to get a gf
Really emus my meatballs
>>
>>18538407
>realized it sucked.
Elaborate please.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.