[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 1398099516532.jpg (138KB, 579x570px) Image search: [Google]
1398099516532.jpg
138KB, 579x570px
>wagecuck
>in my early 20s
>college friends are going their own way, also too cheap to hang out
>coworkers are nice but we only interact due to work, other than that we rarely communicate
>kiss virgin
>all I do is work, go home, sometimes do cardio, play VNs, and then sleep
>want to meet new people but don't know how
>tinder only gets me girls who wants me to "send money"
>fell depression and starts drinking by myself lately
>even considering going to a brothel this weekend
Please help me. How do I expand my social circle?
>>
Have you tried hanging out with coworkers?
>>
>>18538240
I did but it's limited to dinner after work. After a while I'm starting to think I'm the only one who looks forward to it. They don't always have the time as one of them got a girlfriend and the other is busy with cram school. I just felt left out and that I have no life on my own.
>>
>>18538220
Hello Anon. We're in the same boat here, except that I lost my job a few weeks ago :/

Just letting you know you're not alone man.
Piece of advice: Talk to people like IDGAF. I mean, you don't have to go out of your way to talk to people if not confortable, and also don't be a douche, but I find that the more unnatached I am when I interact with people the more they want to interact.
>>
File: 1496629059238.png (245KB, 719x253px) Image search: [Google]
1496629059238.png
245KB, 719x253px
>>18538254
The too cool for school attitude is great but it only works when I'm at a place where I interact with a lot of people (like school/campus) since it's a trial and error process. Don't get me wrong, I still have friends. I'm close with my school and college friends but time and distance has lessen our interaction and we barely hang out. My last encounter with them was watching Homecoming earlier this month but after that it's radio silence as usual. I just want to experience the school atmosphere again where making friends is easier..
>>
>>18538263
Then you should try different social circles (clubs, groups centered around X interest, cons). On the day-to-day basis people rarely ever have the time to even talk and are basically biased towards giving shit to strangers nowadays - it is basically a trial and error unless you fit a very specifical set of traits that the common society around where you are considers to be desirable (which BTW are developable, but probably aren't worth the effort since you'll have to be changing yourself, which kind of overlaps the point of having meaningful interactions on the first place).
>>
>>18538220
>How do I expand my social circle?
Volunteer. Are you interested in music, art, film, horror?
Look for festivals, galleries, schools, libraries or charities that offer volunteer opportunities.
In my experience, volunteers are very friendly and happy to talk to new people. You get a range of ages but its often a lot of young people (students, 20-somethings) looking to get more work experience. You get to bond over a hobbie or while you're learning something new.
Plus rganisations usually offer perks/free tickets for your help and its a pretty rewarding way to spend your time.
>>
File: 1496093409732.jpg (57KB, 508x760px) Image search: [Google]
1496093409732.jpg
57KB, 508x760px
>>18538281
I havr considered groups before as I met my college friends while attending several clubs it has. However I'm confused on what to do in this office worker situation. Should I attend martial arts class? I have to admit it's quite expensive but social circle is priceless. I just want some pointer om how and what groups I should join since I work 9 to 5.

>>18538286
How do I look for this stuff? Google is too broad and believe me, I tried.
>>
>>18538286
>>18538286
>horror?
I meant to elaborate on that to mean horror film conventions or other genre-specifc conventions, games, scifi, anime, anything.
>>
>>18538291
It might be broad but it will take time and some digging. Look up X in your area. e.g 'Libraries in Manchester'. Then one you've found their website, try looking under 'opportunities' or 'get involved' or 'careers'.

You could also have a look at the local university website and their 'community' or 'careers' sections. Also the local council? Take a look at noticeboards when your in community spaces.

You could also try job search engines, like indeed and use keywords like 'volunteer' 'arts' or 'festival'.

Variety of opportunities will depend on where you live but it is festival season so you could travel if you can get a few days off work.
>>
Have you thought about saving up some money and going backpacking Anon? Hostels are full of 20 something's where everybody is a stranger and if you get sick of the people or sperg out there's always another hostel around the corner full of more backpackers so it takes the pressure off.
It's not all Chad's and Stacey's either, I got sick of the party hostels very quickly.
If that's sounds a bit daunting I'd take up smoking weed and find yourself some chill stoner friends, easiest group to enter. All you need is a big bag of weed and you'll be welcomed with open arms!
>>
>>18538299
Gonna try the Indeed app. Hopefully it works. I take being busy with friends over relaxing alone on weekend any day.

>>18538303
Good advice anon but again, my problem is in the "finding" part. Chill strangers don't just fall out of the sky.
>>
>>18538303
Also, could you elaborate on the backpaking process? I might try it once I save up some dough.
>>
>>18538291
Anything that you can do on your own schedule. Martial arts sounds good, but keep in mind it's mostly going to be like any other class except for recesses and sparring.

You have to find some things you like and set up your own routine as if they were mandatory (set up week days and such), except you can slack off and go home or never even leave home whenever.

What I find is a good way to make new friend is finding out something you are great at, can be anything (videogames, math, sports, martial arts, writing, anything) and finding a group (or creating one) centered around that specific topic. You'll find out that since you'll be the best or one of the greatest in that topic, people will be naturally drawn to you. Just don't brag and act like an asshole and actually help people be better at what you're good, give advice and such.
I made a lot of friends in classes by just being good at the subject and helping people around (just watch out for bloodsuckers if you do it in class, some people just want an idiot to do their homework for them).
>>
>>18538313

I'm English and been in Australia on a working holiday visa. There's a bunch of countries that offer the visa to other participating countries.

Hostels are just cheap accommodation aiming at travellers. You can work for accommodation cleaning rooms or working at reception a couple of hours a day . I don't know where you're from but the wages in Australia are unreal compared to back home (UK) for me.
Bar work pays $20/hr+ AUD, labouring $25+. I know some hard working backpackers that have saved major money here. I came here with $400 aud so don't worry about saving thousands.
>>
>>18538325
I have been thinking on learning Japanese (since, you know, VNs) perhaps I could try attending a class or two.

>>18538337
That seems like next level adult stuff. Probably will try them after getting used to this office job thing.
>>
>>18538349

Dude, Japan offers a working holiday visa.
>>
>>18538369
Guess I should brush up my Japanese then. Also thank you to all the Anons here. Really lift my spirit up tonight. Keep the advice coming please :)
>>
>>18538373
You're welcome. Always happy to help a fellow Anon :)
>>
OP im in the same boat... help
>>
>>18538281
What the actual fuck this is one of the best things I've ever read on this godforsaken Asian basket weaving forum.
>>
>>18538220
Must be nice to have access to legal brothels
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.