[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is self deprecating humour unattractive?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: gmagik_3.gif (1MB, 450x306px) Image search: [Google]
gmagik_3.gif
1MB, 450x306px
I'm grill who self deprecates a lot but most people tell me I don't do it to a degree where it's borderline complaining to people around you about how much you suck 24/7. I never paid much attention to it, but my humor has always been kinda cynical and I just kinda habitually insult the things I make or do. I became more aware of this when talking to this boy who likes me, he seems to be really interested in my artwork and I just roasted my illustrations and joked to him that I can't handle criticism so he shouldn't give me an honest opinion.

After I said this, I started realising that my low self esteem really seeps through sometimes and that I try really hard to show him my best angle and it ends up in me saying a lot of dumb shit and I was just wondering if this would make him uninterested in me. Feel free to provide perspectives for both genders.
>>
I can't stand self deprecating humour from anyone. It's the laziest and most shit kind of humour.
>>
File: starfish.jpg (285KB, 500x375px)
starfish.jpg
285KB, 500x375px
>>18538011
At least you arent basic bitch. And yes, insecurity combined with low esteem can kill any relationship fast.

And you counter it by either ignoring your insecurities or by proper communication with him.

Stay cool. And dont forget that the most sexy thing girl can do is to be enthusiastic about sucking his dick (or at least not being starfish in bed). Second most destructive weapon is to look into his eyes and smile.

You will be fine.
>why dont you post here some of your art?
>>
File: image-1.jpg (30KB, 464x212px) Image search: [Google]
image-1.jpg
30KB, 464x212px
>>18538055
Yeah we have great physical chemistry. It's likely that I'm over-exaggerating the amount that I self-deprecate in my head. When I do do it, I think it comes across more like I'm shy rather than insecure? I don't ever open up about my actual internal low self esteem, it just comes out in jokes for the most part.

I've become almost completely non-critical of my physical appearance around him after he told me that he likes it when I don't have makeup on.

I do smile a lot though I'm aware of it, and I don't even have to try it just makes me really happy to be around him.
>>
>>18538011
I think it's really hot but you're most likely to attract other people with this type of humor
>>
Real self-deprecating humor is great, being able to make light of you being a human being with flaws and annoying habits. But real self-deprecating humor comes from a place of confidence: from being able to actually, pleasantly laugh at yourself because you value yourself enough to not feel like you HAVE to be perfect and able to do anything.

What you describe is just thinly veiled self-loathing and yes it is endlessly unattractive.
>>
feeling sorry for yourself and cynical humour is not the same

he is interested in your pussy btw
>>
>>18538168
>implying boys chase girls for any other reason
Do you even do sex bro?
>>
>>18538011
I find that self deprecating humor is best used to de-escalate tense or hostile situations.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.