[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gonna get my first root canal done today and i'm kinda scared.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Gonna get my first root canal done today and i'm kinda scared. Especially because I can't really handle any painkillers, so will have to get it done without them.

There is an infection that happened a week ago, and 4 days ago the doctor opened up my tooth and completely exposed all the canals. It didn't hurt or anything and when I rinse with different solutions these days I feel nothing.
Will the actual root canal hurt without any painkillers or numbing, or is the nerve/pulp basically dead since I don't feel anything with it exposed?
>>
>>18537670
Why can't you use painkillers? Is it a medical concern? I've never had a root canal without painkillers, but I have to assume they hurt.
>>
Can you handle local anesthesia? If so, you will be good. Root canal is exaggerated. I did 3 or 4 of them, not a big deal. The dentist drills your tooth which can be uncomfortable but not very painful, does some shit, then closes it. The whole procedure lasts like half an hour or so, and you may be sore the next day when the anesthesia wears off.
Take an ibuprofen or something, but even if you don't, it won't hurt too bad.
Honestly, nothing to be worried about, trust me anon
>>
>>18537670
>without painkillers

oh my god you're done for
I had one done in my youth WITH painkillers and it was the worst pain ever. Maybe my dentist screwed up.
>>
>>18537843
Or maybe you are a pussy. It is uncomfortable, sure, but not that painful
>>
>>18537885
or maybe you are a retard who doesnt understand ppl have different tresholds for all sorts of pain
>>
>>18537905
Nah, i'm pretty sure you are just a pussy. Call it a hunch
>>
>>18537912
im not even that guy you stupid amerisharting nigger
>>
>>18537932
Who hurt you?
>>
>>18537820
Don't take ibuprofin BEFORE the procedure. It'll thin your blood and make the whole process much more difficult. Take it afterwards.
>>
>>18537943
Oh, right, didn't even notice my post implies that, thanks. Yeah, definitely after the procedure after the anesthesia wears off and you start to feel the pain
>>
>>18537670
they do not give you pain killers as in pills, they use a local anesthetic to numb the area.

Your tooth may be 'dead' but you will feel pain because a root canal involves burning tissue in your mouth.

Why can't you have local anesthetic? There are different kinds that the doctor can use rather than the typical one.

You can also ask the doctor for a valium before the procedure if you have anxiety.

I am a dental assistant so you can ask me any questions you have about this.
>>
>>18537843
I had two done last year and it didn't hurt. They must not have given you enough pain reliever or it had progressed really far. And for me I asked to be put to sleep and they won't do it.
>>
I had one done with local anesthesia and with a good dentist it doesnt feel any different than getting a tooth filled, just takes alot longer. A bit of ibuprofen is all i needed.
>>
Like others have said you will get local anesthesia and it's no big deal. It isn't pleasant but it's more because of having to keep your mouth open, tasting gross sour things, hearing the drill and some sensitivity (unlike pain, just unpleasant), but nothing to be taken aback by. The reality is significantly less unpleasant than the concept.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.