[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i stop myself from giving up on drawing ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: end.jpg (119KB, 1348x728px) Image search: [Google]
end.jpg
119KB, 1348x728px
How do i keep on drawing,when my doubt and selfhating thoughts starts pouring in, and then i begin to see that everything i drew looks fucking horrible.
I know you have to practice, but i don't see any progress regardless of how much i practice.
>>
>>18537602
Keep your old shit, and load up with patience because drawing is one of the hardest things to do decently in life.

On top of this, you seem extremely hung up on results. You don't draw for results, you draw because the process is enjoyable to you.
Every fuckup is an improvement you can make next time, this is what studies are for. When you fuck something up really try to see what you fucked up and try to fix it.

But really, if you only want to see results and don't appreciate spending 2 hours just losing yourself between lines you're never going to draw well.

And practice, but draw shit you enjoy as well. For example I practice about 2 hours daily but I draw just enjoyable shit for fun (like qt girls, etc) when I don't want to get burned out. If you only and exclusively practice you're not going to find any joy in it.

Ask yourself, what do I want to draw? What is my preferred subject? And draw it for enjoyment when you're bored, just for the sake of having fun.
>>
>>18537637
I generally thought people draw with the result as the main thing.

But thanks for the advice

Now i gotta figure out what the hell i actually enjoy drawing.
>>
>>18537602
success is built upon a foundation of failures
>>
>>18537692
You draw both for the process which is enjoyable and for the result. Obviously you care about the result, but in your beginnings you should care more about enjoying the process than getting good results, because you're not going to get good results for at least about a year.

My point is, if you don't enjoy the act of drawing and just want the results you won't draw well because a good drawing takes a long ass time.
>>
>>18537780
failure is also built on the foundation on failures
>>
>>18537602
Practice is of no value if you just keep making the same errors over and over. In fact it can turn "doing it the imperfect way" into a habit.

Are you serious enough to seek out a teacher to judge your work and guide you toward better methods? Take a class
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.