[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cleanliness in Relationship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: shower.jpg (7KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
shower.jpg
7KB, 275x183px
Okay, /adv/ I need opinions on this topic.

My gf thinks I'm nuts/ an asshole for asking her to shower before she comes to sleep in my bed.

I'll give some details to help clarify why this has become such a problem. I have stress induced OCD (she knows this) that focuses on hygiene and cleanliness, so I shower at least twice a day - morning and night. It relaxes me and makes me comfortable (she also knows this.) Lately I have been stressed to the max due to work and other things, so my ability to deal with things is becoming limited.

Now I ask my gf to shower before bed because frankly she smells. She works 8-9 hours a day on her feet in the same shoes with no sock, so her feet reek. She's a server so shes constantly on her feet, back and forth so she works up a light sweat. Now this wouldn't be trouble some but she has KK breasts and she works up boob sweat like no tomorrow, mixed in with her glitter perfume its just a bit much for me some days. There are also days she will go 2 days without showering because she closes and opens, so those days it's extra ripe and she wants to come cuddle. Well, let's just say its not the biggest turn on in the world.

So to sum up, she feels I'm being unfair asking her to shower when she's done work because she doesn't like to shower twice a day and all she wants to do is sleep when she's done work. And now its become a battle and a bunch of snide remarks about how she's not allowed to sleep over because she stinks.
>>
Shower with her.
>>
>>18537441
>being an asshole to someone with hygiene OCD issues

Sounds like she's a bit of a cunt.

Try showering with her, see if that helps.
>>
>>18537448
im usually asleep, she gets in around 2-3am
>>
>>18537441
I don't see why she can't just shower in the evening and leave it at that, if she doesn't want to do it twice a day
>>
>>18537441
>There are also days she will go 2 days without showering
>she feels I'm being unfair asking her to shower when she's done work

Your girl is disgusting and fat and likely she doesn't know how to shower properly and does a lot of unnecessary things in the shower.
Doing it right it's not supposed to be a hassle or harmful to your skin or hair, it's actually both nutritious and relaxing. Twice a day shouldn't be a problem if they take like 15 minutes totally.
>>
>>18537471
she showers to get ready for work. does her hair and make up, blah blah.
>>
>>18537441
Well first off stop blaming your behavior on a "disease" that is abstract and has no diagnostic testing. That would be a good way to level with her and stop pretending you have a superior ground just because you have some potentially OCD tendencies.

I can't side with either of you on this one. You wanting your girlfriend to shower before bed is a reasonable request, but so is her saying no. You'll really have to work this out with her and not /adv/. Personally, I would stop trying to make everything go my way.

I suffer from stress and have some OCD-like tendencies too. I hope I don't bother anyone with it and then use the DSM as an excuse. Sometimes I blow up on people and I don't like that. Trying to control people too much is generally not a positive trait.

That being said, it's really not hard to take a light shower. I can see where you're coming from. I guess what I'm saying it to be rational and choose your battles.
>>
>>18537481
not fat really just got the chest genetics. yes, her showers usually take forever, she does all the useless hair products and skin crap. i told her i dont care if she full on showers, just rinse the sweat off, wear a shower cap if she doesn't want to get your hair wet.

she just has different standards of cleanliness is all. I know lots of people that don't shower regularly.

this has been the only thing is our relationship that I have continually asked for, everything else is fair game.
>>
Somehow body oder doesn't seem to bother women, either their own or other people's, and they're actually attracted to the same type of never showers doesn't wear deoderant "man smell" that we find absolutely repulsive.

On the other hand I feel the need to wash my pits daily and use deoderant, cause I dislike the smell of my own BO, and even worse other people's, whether they're men or women, shit just stinks, and I go out of my way to not accidentally touch against people who smell.

With sleeping though I actually shower in the morning, its like eat, shit, shower, in that order always. So maybe just do that, and change the sheets more often.
>>
>>18537492
this has been the only battle I have chosen, and for all the reasons expressed. if we take away the ocd, it'll come down to her smelling which is unfair considering I have a very strong sense of smell.

I lived with her with a little box near to the fucking bed. I put up with a lot in her space. This is my space, I like to keep it relatively clean.

you think telling your S/O they stink is going to end well when they think nothing is wrong? It doesn't.
>>
>>18537483
have you every proposed skipping the morning shower?
it's not all that necessary if she takes one in the evening

>>18537481
if you use only water, yes, but if you add shampoo or whatever it is girls use, every day is already bad for your skin
>>
>>18537494
>not fat really just got the chest genetics
thats what they all said
>>
>>18537500
this is sweaty feet, fermenting for 8 hours pretty much and sweaty boobs etc.and grease and smells from work, it gets over whelming for my sense of smell when I'm in a clean bed.

I'd change the sheets but I have one set cause it's a king and don't have the funds to buy more.
>>
>>18537511

There are mild shampoo + shower gel, in fact quite popular.

If she does whatever she does in the shower everyday all those chemicals will still build up at the root of her hair anyway. Using normal shampoo everyday is already unhealthy af regardless of what those companies tell you

But then again this is not really my problem. Just my opinion.
>>
>>18537514
well she had H's when we met, put on some poundage and now has K's.

>>18537511
yes, she won't because it is part of her routine to get ready for work. and some days she skips the shower and now it becomes two days without a shower.

I don't know about the rest of you but my junk starts to get funky after a day of work. Females smell too and wear thongs.
>>
>>18537528
go to WalMart and buy some makeup removal/body cleansing wipes and some cheap sets of extra sheets. Then just wipe her feet and tits off, change your sheets more often, and instead of your bed being a clean-zone, just shower every morning instead.
>>
Just put your foot down. Tell her she fuckin stinks. I would say hygiene is a good enough dealbreaker
>>
>>18537441
Just throw handfuls of delousing powder on her and say goodnight
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.