[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to ask someone if they need a roommate in college.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: cigo.jpg (32KB, 543x960px) Image search: [Google]
cigo.jpg
32KB, 543x960px
I'm about to start college this year but there have been some complications, and as it turns out, I can't really rent a studio apartment for myself in this city, even though it's pretty cheap heh.

Now, I know some three people from high school that will be going to the city that might want to have a roommate, though I doubt that they would accept me.

The list of options goes as follows:

Edgy thot
fat only-non vigrin because he paid for it dude who is pretty popular and tries to come off as a nice person
skinny manlet who I really don't even know. not even sure what his first name is

My relationship with the third one is obviously on existent, so I will just explain the first two.
>>
They both claimed to want absolutely to live alone, but I know that they haven't secured their apartments in the beginning of june this year. They don't really have a lot of money so I think that there's a chance that they will also have to settle for living with a roommate.

The thing is, I was never good friends with these people. The fat dude seemed to kind of like me but it always felt like a polite act, and I haven't heard from him for two months so contacting him now would be unpleasant.

It's even worse with the edgy thot, while I did kind of get along with her the semi-friendship that I had with her was never outside class, and was always filled with anxiety on her part because of my social fuck ups I guess.

I ended this "friendship" with her like most high school friendships end, high school was over. The last time I saw her was one one of the standardized test that are taken during the school year, I couldn't really make small talk with her during the test because I was right on time and just entered the classroom, which turned into not speaking to her at all in the hallway. A few days before that I sent her something inappropriate, not a dick pic just some rude bullshit.

I know that they both are less well of than me, but I'm honestly not even sure if they are lying about them being able to secure an apartment for themselves.

Please help.
>>
>>18537225
If you're doing apartment style dorms (everyone has their own tiny room, and there's a bigger living area), it really doesn't matter.

If you're doing the 2 people crammed into a 12x12 room, what matters more than anything is the following 2 things: how often they bathe and how much stuff they have.

Personally, I've found rooming with people who are strangers or barely acquaintances to be better than rooming with friends in the normal types of dorms. Everyone starts off tip-toeing around each other, and slowly becomes comfortable with one another, learning what's acceptable and what isn't. Friends tend to assume you'll be cool with whatever they are doing, and get on each other's nerves.
>>
sounds bad on all three
>>
>>18537232
Most dorms don't let two people of the same sex room together. Dunno if you're a guy or girl. If you're a guy, you really only have 2 options. If you're a girl, you really only have 1 option.
>>
>>18537267
>Same sex
meant different sex.
>>
>>18537255
My fault for not having friends. I'm not worried about awkwardness it's just that the thought of bothering someone else about this kind of thing really makes me feel like shit.

>>18537238
I think that I could pull off a move with friends where I keep shit very very clean and tidy and don't bother them so that they would feel obligated to do the same.
>>
>>18537267
The dorms are full, I am late t I mean renting an apartment like a person rents an apartment.
>>
>>18537278
Then it literally doesn't matter, based on the shit you've described. You don't need to be friends with your roommates.

That said, having ground rules is always a good idea. Whenever I moved in with someone, I would ask if the apartment could have a blacklist, a grey list, and a white list.

White listed people could come over whenever they wanted (and everyone is on the white list until someone moves them). Grey list requires asking. Black list means don't ask, they can't come over. Anyone can put any person on any list at any time for any reason, no questions, no discussion.

Never had anyone who had a problem with this, and it made living with them so much easier. Aside from that, you just gotta make sure they do their dishes, as wiping down counters and vacuuming the floor is easy - they don't need to contribute, and you're still out less than half an hour per week. If you share a shower, still no biggie, just ask when they are gonna need it, and work around their schedule.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.