[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Attractive but no friends?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: images.jpg (8KB, 224x223px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
8KB, 224x223px
I'm 19/f, working full time at an office and in a happy relationship. I realize I've been overthinking a lot of stuff in my relationship recently, and after some reflecting I realized its because I completely rely on him for socialization and well, we all know how well that can go.

In any case, I've tried several times to make female (and occasionally male) friends to fill this void in my life, I desperately want netflix marathon sleepovers and to go shopping with a group of girls- but any friends I make we always end up drifting apart.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong- I'm fairly attractive (enough to model regularly part time and represented by an agency), good hygiene, have my own apartment that I pay for, and am not overly rude. I usually do most of the listening in any given conversation so I don't know if its my personality, but it might be?

tldr: How do I make friends and keep them?
>>
Bampu
>>
Why do you think being attractive will help you get friends?
>>
>>18537142
I used to be VERY unattractive (puberty hit like a bus) and I had zero friends. I'm treated significantly better now and people at least have small talk with me.
>>
Speak up
>>
Sure, people are often nicer to attractive people, but I don't think that has a ton to do wanting to be sometimes friend unless you're super shallow.

Honestly, it sounds like you are so desperate for friends that you aren't taking the time to consider if you even like them or not.
>>
>>18537156

>I was ugly and had a shit personality
>now I'm not ugly but still have a shit personality

really makes you wonder...
>>
>>18537156
Hey I've been there, and I know people will treat you like dogshit if you're ugly, but nobody gives a shit if you're pretty.

Literally no one is going to like you more as a person for it, and in fact many will even resent it.

I don't actually have any advice other than that little nugget.

Seriously not even when guys are hitting on you.
>>
>chad will leave me because im annoying
>quick lets get some friends so i can annoy them

doesnt work like that
>>
>>18537218
I guess I had just assumed, it feels like all the close friend groups I know of consist of only attractive people.

>>18537219
How do I fix a shot personality?

>>18537245
I don't want to annoy anyone. I just realized that I was getting upset over little things in my own head that might just be a result of relying on a singular human being to fulfill all my social needs.

My relationship isn't my entire life, but that doesn't mean I want to sabotage it either
>>
The only friends a girl will attract with solely her looks are guys trying to get into her pants. If you want friends, you have to have more than just looks. A not-bad personality is a start, but I suspect that you're boring.
>>
If you want friends, you need shared interests. What do you do in your free time? Do you have any hobbies?
>>
>>18537285

you may or may not have a shit personality. that requires more information than what we have now, and the other anon certainly didn't have enough info to dismiss your personality as shit.

after all, you at least are a person who can see something may be wrong with themselves (not others), and is willing to ask for help on it.

when you ask your BF for help with this, what does he say about the problem?
>>
>>18536961
>Attractive
>in a happy relationship
>full time job
yet still spend time here lol

At least three of these things are exaggerated. As usual, on /adv/.
>>
>>18537298
Sounds stupid to ask, but how do I not be boring? I don't really want to pretend I'm someone else, but I still want friends.

>>18538311
Typically anime/manga/vidya in my downtime.

>>18538444
He just uses it as an opportunity to gas me up, so he says it's because I'm young but still fairly established so it can be intimidating to people around my age(plus I'm not huge on partying/drinking) and most people who are equally established don't want to hang out with a 19 year old. I think this is mainly just him trying to make it sound nicer, but like anything, I could be wrong.

He's invited me to hang out with his friends a few times and I know them all well, but they're all dudes and I don't want to force him to bring me along any time they hang out. I feel like that's a bit weird and clingy- plus, they're his friends, not mine, and they've all known eachother for years.
>>
>>18538462
I used to spend a LOT of time on 4chan when I was younger, mostly lurking. I remember /adv/ as a place where you can ask the most embarrassing shit with little risk of being exposed IRL.
>>
>>18538487
I know that.
>>
>>18538462
>I don't want to force him to bring me along any time they hang out. I feel like that's a bit weird and clingy- plus, they're his friends, not mine, and they've all known eachother for years.

Uh... thats stupid. Its not forcing him if he fucking invited you. Now you're just making excuses.

If you don't like his friends, thats fine, but don't dress it up in an excuse that you don't want to 'get in their way', thats just being disingenuous.

...this kind of excuse is use by people who are feeling guilty about something but want to hide behind an excuse so they don't have to face the truth of why they feel guilty.

You sound like you would like older friends, but the truth is you are probably still too immature for most folks 5+ years older than you.
>>
>>18538569
I don't want exclusively male friends, is the main thing, and I also don't want him to feel obligated to invite me to hang out with him and his friends whenever they do something.

And I have no problem wit having friends my age, it's just after hanging out once or twice despite having (what I think) is a good time, we drift apart- never really reaching close friendship.
>>
>>18536961
>Thristy roasty wants female friends cus she's a bitch

Try anf do meet ups maybe
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.