[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to i null my emotional responses so i'm subject to less pain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: monster.gif (880KB, 346x244px) Image search: [Google]
monster.gif
880KB, 346x244px
i have incredible rejection sensitivity, and my emotional responses leave me in blithering mental anguish

i try to meditate and work out but neither of these work, i still hurt a lot

it's especially harsh right now because i have feelings for somebody who doesn't like me, and people tell me i shouldn't feel as hurt about it as i do, yet i do and no matter how hard i try i can't stop feeling really hurt
>>
It's not easy at all but you got to learn to embrace these emotions. You can't tell them to go away as the more you do the more you think about them, and the more you do. The more you will get hurt. Ive been in your situation... Just give it time and meet new people try to keep a distance towards her and sooner they will be gone and that's how you numb yourself to these emotions. Sad part is that you made me remind me of her ....
>>
Change love for hate, it works for me, you cant make them love you but you can make them hate you, hating never hurts, love always does, do something nice for this person thwn when he rejects you you got something to get angry for, just do it right, do it again with another someone and its done, you will see someone and think how it would to be a couple theb remember how it hurts and hate them too, wont hurt
>>
>>18536656
recognize the emotion, allow yourself to feel it, and then focus on something else like work you should be doing or a television show you enjoy. exercising works for me, but maybe it isn't engaging and distracting enough for the intensity you are feeling things at right now. meditation is a healthy practice, kind of like exercising, but I don't expect it will just make your pain go away.

sometimes we can't expect to feel better in the short-term. we just need to try and feel better in the long-term, and deal with the emotions we are feeling right now in the least destructive way possible.

make sure you are getting enough sleep and doing enough things to distract yourself. things that make you feel good, like achievements or dressing up and grooming very well will give you somewhat better feelings. don't forget to focus on diet and sleep, and don't stop exercising or you might become lethargic.

there's no reason to shoot for happy in a time when you are feeling this bad. just try to feel somewhat better, and don't lose sight of your bigger goals. your goal should be to improve yourself and find some people who are stable and kind, not to worry about what randoms think of you. look for a wife (are you male?) after you have a career, rather than looking for a quick girlfriend to end the loneliness.

it doesn't sound possible, and this is probably infuriating, but you do need to learn to be okay without affection and reassurance on demand. it's kind of like being a soldier, and processing your emotions is kind of like being an artist. you need to keep trying. you need to try a new way.

sometimes I think that I will never feel better if I go to the store or go to see a friend, but I actually feel better once I have done it.
>>
>>18536656
also listen to this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMp524f8rso

or whatever type of music helps you feel empathized with
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.